September 29, 2024, 08:25:39 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

evo 20xx hype thread

Started by 6M69I69B9, July 10, 2015, 10:54:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Yeah Im not trying to be a snob or anything but there is a reason that melee is so active after so long
You really have to meet up with people irl for melee. You can do netplay but you miss out on having a cool smash crew. Just post on fb groups looking for other noobs, which there are bound to be after evo

For normal di (survival di) you basically hold the direction you want to go, which is usually wherever would take you into a corner more (farther than walls or ceilings bcuz math) or toward the stage or platform so you can get a tech. For example if you are being thrown to the right and you di straight up you'll go up/right diagonally. A bit of an oversimplification but you get the idea.

Also try to di away from characters if you're being comboed so you can gtfo but there are some situations where people will want you to di away for certain moves which is where it gets mindgamey

In terms of tech skill just pick Marth or sheik and force yourself to try the stuff you practice alone. Both characters have ez mode moves for beginners and can also be taken to high levels. Both also encourage basic tech like jump cancel grab, wavedash, crouch cancel (moreso with sheik), and pivots

Watch the advanced how to play video if you haven't already
And pm me because I love talking about melee and melee theory ;)

TooB

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/20/celebrate-early-at-evo-and-you-will-probably-lose-like-this.aspx

Pretty damn funny.

I'm not going to claim to know the "proper etiquette" for evo, but, while it's funny that he lost because he was too busy show-boating, you'd think that the other guy would at least have the decency to wait for his opponent to return

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Jojo on July 20, 2015, 10:44:08 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/20/celebrate-early-at-evo-and-you-will-probably-lose-like-this.aspx

Pretty damn funny.

I'm not going to claim to know the "proper etiquette" for evo, but, while it's funny that he lost because he was too busy show-boating, you'd think that the other guy would at least have the decency to wait for his opponent to return

lol why shouldn't you take advantage of someone being dumb

especially competing in evo

their life in the game is their own responsibility, not the opponent's

reminds me of how people gloat bc they think they're going 1st and then at the last second, someone behind them wins the race 1st. 

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

TooB

Quote from: the MIB the on July 22, 2015, 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: Jojo on July 20, 2015, 10:44:08 PM

Pretty damn funny.

lol why shouldn't you take advantage of someone being dumb

especially competing in evo

their life in the game is their own responsibility, not the opponent's

reminds me of how people gloat bc they think they're going 1st and then at the last second, someone behind them wins the race 1st. 

I don't disagree

Hiro

i was really excited for this and then i totally forgot and made it online only in time for the melee, marvel, and usfiv finals on sunday
was still fun i suppose, got gf to watch it too thumbup;

Go Up