May 04, 2024, 12:31:22 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

very cool

like thyme said it is kind of a moot point since i already have them all on steam, but i guess there are some poor souls out there who haven't been able to try some of these games yet

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on February 28, 2017, 05:17:47 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on February 27, 2017, 11:03:49 PM
Plus, Nintendo has always tried to come up with something fresh for their controllers. The NES had the D-Pad, the SNES had shoulder buttons, the N64 had the analog stick & rumble. Again, the GameCube is the only exception, and that was their biggest failure until the Wii U.
The GCN controller was also their best controller

tru
Quote from: ƕɾο on March 02, 2017, 08:50:25 AM
Quote from: Khadafi on February 28, 2017, 05:17:47 PM
The GCN controller was also their best controller
not gonna argue that, best controller in general

TRU

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on March 02, 2017, 06:57:37 AM
Friend codes confirmed: http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-has-friend-codes-after-all/

it's 12 digits in a format like SW-0123-4567-8910

This is outright a step down from Wii U. Nintendo Accounts even seem to have unique usernames so it seems weird that they don't have you type those in instead.

yeah i dont understand this. reggie literally said there wouldn't be any? it's weird. i have a feeling it's a placeholder/alternate system until the online is actually ready? or at least i want that to be the case because they literally lied and stepped backwards on this if these are the only options forever.

Travis

>it's 2010 + 7
>nintendo is still using fWiEnD cOaDz

bluaki

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/14792066/nintendo-switch-friend-code-response

QuoteReached for comment this morning, a representative for Nintendo told Polygon that additional ways to add friends will be coming to the console, including using social networking, in-game menus and the much easier-to-remember Nintendo Network ID.

I guess that improves things a bit, but it's still needlessly convoluted. Will average users be able to figure out which of those many methods they should use to, for example, add a friend that they're chatting to on SMS, forums, etc? You can't really just say "hey add me on switch I'm ____" like every other account system ever.

Every user will have a Switch user name, a Nintendo Account nickname, a Nintendo Account user ID, a Nintendo Network ID, a Switch friend code, a friend code for FE Heroes if they play it, and whatever new ID system Nintendo comes up with for every other mobile game they decide to release.

In hindsight, I guess the writing was on the walls when Miitomo released and basically required you to link a social media account in order to add any of your friends.

Travis

Quote from: bluaki on March 02, 2017, 01:29:56 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/2/14792066/nintendo-switch-friend-code-response

QuoteReached for comment this morning, a representative for Nintendo told Polygon that additional ways to add friends will be coming to the console, including using social networking, in-game menus and the much easier-to-remember Nintendo Network ID.

I guess that improves things a bit, but it's still needlessly convoluted. Will average users be able to figure out which of those many methods they should use to, for example, add a friend that they're chatting to on SMS, forums, etc? You can't really just say "hey add me on switch I'm ____" like every other account system ever.

Every user will have a Switch user name, a Nintendo Account nickname, a Nintendo Account user ID, a Nintendo Network ID, a Switch friend code, a friend code for FE Heroes if they play it, and whatever new ID system Nintendo comes up with for every other mobile game they decide to release.

In hindsight, I guess the writing was on the walls when Miitomo released and basically required you to link a social media account in order to add any of your friends.
holy fucking shit wtf  doodthing;

Hiro

SO I AM GOING TO CAMP OUT FOR IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bluaki

Quote from: Travis on March 02, 2017, 06:33:33 PM
holy fucking shit wtf  doodthing;
Yeah, it's crazy. Here's what they all mean:

* Switch user name: Each Switch console can have multiple users so this is the name you see when choosing which user to play a game as
* Nintendo Account nickname: A display name for your Nintendo Account that doesn't have to be unique (like your first name)
* Nintendo Account User ID: This was just added to the Nintendo Account web site last week. It's another name for your Nintendo Account that this time I believe has to be unique, but you can change it as often as you like.
* Nintendo Network ID: This is the name associated with the account you used with your Wii U and 3DS. NNID is a completely separate account system from Nintendo Account, but you can link the two together to transfer eShop balance and get friend suggestions based on your NNID friend list. This is the only name that you can use to search for another user to add as a friend (but only after a future update).
* Switch Friend Code: The 12-digit number that for now is the only way to look up and add arbitrary Switch users online, so this is what you'll be sharing if you want boyager friends for example.
* Mobile app names/codes: It seems every single Nintendo mobile app is linked to your Nintendo Account but at the same time also has its own unique user name and friend list feature. Friends that you have in mobile apps will become suggested friends on Switch.
* Email address: This is the actual name you use for signing in

On PlayStation, I believe you have three names: your email address, your PSN handle, and your real name. Not 8.

Daddy

Samus Aran

I would really love to know Nintendo's reasoning behind all this nonsense. Especially considering that the Wii U did it just fine with the Nintendo Network ID.

rdl

because the boss said so and thats how asian corporate culture works

Hiro

So I'm first in line at Target, waiting until 8am in a tent lmao I am insane sillydood;

TooB

Quote from: ƕɾο on March 02, 2017, 06:57:37 PM
SO I AM GOING TO CAMP OUT FOR IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
wow

Quote from: ƕɾο on March 02, 2017, 09:22:01 PM
So I'm first in line at Target, waiting until 8am in a tent lmao I am insane sillydood;
yes you are

Go Up