May 04, 2024, 05:02:20 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 29, 2016, 08:56:02 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on October 29, 2016, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on October 29, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
that's marketing speak for "don't stop purchasing our products immediately please we could still use the money"

in the same vein, the vita isn't dead either lol
except for that Sony straight up said it was
have they? not being sarcastic, legit curious of a source because i must have missed that lol, sorry 4 the misinformation then carry on
I don't have an exact source or anything, I just remember SOMEONE saying that Sony has officially considered the Vita a "Legacy" console now.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Thyme on December 15, 2016, 10:08:35 AM
http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/14/nintendo-switch-specs-less-powerful-than-playstation-4/

well gee don't even bother then smh
was anyone retarded enough to actually be under the impression the switch was going to be on par with the ps4? lol

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 15, 2016, 10:17:12 AM
Quote from: Thyme on December 15, 2016, 10:08:35 AM
http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/14/nintendo-switch-specs-less-powerful-than-playstation-4/

well gee don't even bother then smh
was anyone retarded enough to actually be under the impression the switch was going to be on par with the ps4? lol
or even the ps3 (still) for that matter?

This thing will literally still be a wii U, that can be fully portable (for 3 hours)

C.Mongler

i was under the impression its going to be a nudge below even the wii u for that matter lol

i mean the thing's fully portable, so as long as it's more impressive than an iphone i'm gucci, but still, a ps4? looool

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 15, 2016, 11:24:11 AM
i was under the impression its going to be a nudge below even the wii u for that matter lol

i mean the thing's fully portable, so as long as it's more impressive than an iphone i'm gucci, but still, a ps4? looool
I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It'll at least look as good as the Wii U as if you were playing on the gamepad.

Travis

don't let's

Quote from: Khadafi on October 29, 2016, 07:02:58 AM
Remember how the DS Line wasn't a replacement for the gameboy line?  happydood;
r.i.p.

C.Mongler

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

Undocked
Available CPU Speeds 1020MHz
Available GPU Speeds 307.2MHz
Available Memory Controller Speeds 1331/1600MHz
Docked
Available GPU Speeds 307.2/768MHz

about wii u then lol

reeper

December 22, 2016, 06:12:34 PM #354 Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 06:16:33 PM by reefer
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 19, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nintendo-switch-spec-analysis

Undocked
Available GPU Speeds 307.2MHz
Docked
Available GPU Speeds 307.2/768MHz

about wii u then lol
Thats only speed. It's a portable console first, so it's no wonder it won't be packing next gen graphics. The more important issues are the games, 3rd party developers, portability, and price point. You almost have to compare it to the 3DS and Vita to get any real comparison.

bluaki

Like I expected, the specs are great for a portable game system and passable as a home console.

It'll perform spectacularly as a replacement for both the 3DS and Vita.

Switch lacks the major drawbacks from 3DS (being behind by a huge power gap, having to redesign your game for dual-screen and touch) and Vita (always well behind Nintendo in sales, forgotten by its own company, memory cards) while having all the benefits of both and being closer to consoles in power than Vita was.

Its potential to get ports of console games should be better than Vita and 3DS combined. Of course none of the woefully-unoptimized AAA console games that can barely run on PS4 will get ported, but otherwise porting efforts should be a lot easier to do than on 3DS and a lot easier to justify doing than on Vita.

That said, I own a PS4 and personally have very little intention to pick Switch over it for potential multiplatforms, but between all the Nintendo games and the usual third-party portable-exclusives I have more than enough reason to expect to spend a ton of time playing games on Switch regardless of how powerful it is.

Hiro

I could see it getting some PC game ports too, mainly indies but still
I plan on the switch being my only new system for a few years, going to wait on the PS4 until it's on its way out and I can get it for ~$150

ME##

Hiro

YPrrrr

Wait it's not even going to be on par with the wii u?

So lame.

Go Up