May 04, 2024, 11:52:05 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i mean that shit's been happening in music for years and there's a bit of difference in ponying up 10 bucks for an album compared to 300+ for a gaming machine lol

i'll give u a point for the slim, however it is in a holding account until i can see some sales #s, at which time u may be able to withdraw your point (with accrued interest)

squirrelfriend

$10 is worth just under two hours of wages
it has to be enjoyable to make up for those hours since it's not on spotify
also with phones, people generally  pay installments now and not the full price at once

C.Mongler

i am able to buy almost 3 albums for an hour of shitposting on boyah, shouts out to all the homies who have to work for 7 hours to afford MBV  awdood;

also i dunno y u deleted yer post about phones being on payment plans, which yes is tru, but phones also have an MSRP of like twice the cost of a console. technically i paid 649 dollars for my iphone, $200 upfront and then the remainder over 24 months. but you're not incorrect, phones and consoles is not a perfect analogy

i'm just saying i'm not sure a short announcement-to-launch window is really going to work in nintendo's favor, especially given their current place in the game market. if u disagree WELL FINE

squirrelfriend

September 27, 2016, 08:49:59 AM #333 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:56:14 AM by squirrelfriend
I think Nintendo's mistake was designing a console that looks like its predecessor and Added an extra u to the name
if they gave it a different name it would have sold better tbh
also they should appeal to lgbt consumers tbh. the pink dollar is one of the driving forces towards apple
eta: also bringing the Pokemon center chain to America to compete with the Disney store would also be cool

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Tectron on June 14, 2016, 01:26:51 AM
official confirmation of the existence of both the xbox 1.5 and ps4k means that the nx won't even have the advantage of being the technically most powerful console on the market when it launches

so nintendo is once again rushing itself into another wii u situation (though this time inadvertently) - it's engineering the nx from the ground up to compete with a pair of soon-to-be-decommissioned platforms

except it's even worse this time because the wii u could at least claim to be the most powerful available console for about a year before the ps4 and xbox one eclipsed it

the one possible silver lining for nintendo is that microsoft and sony are both stipulating that all games must be playable on both 'versions' of their respective platforms (though i'm absolutely certain that in reality this will be weakly enforced), so maybe if nintendo is extremely fortunate and plays nicely with third parties they might still get some scraps

but sony and microsoft have decisively shifted the new hardware awe away from nintendo and towards themselves, and elevated the industry into a new technical standard that nintendo simply can't meet on such short notice

.........guys, even zelda might not be able to save the nx

Quote from: bluaki on June 14, 2016, 01:49:41 AM
To be fair, the release window of the PS4 Neo isn't exactly confirmed yet. Xbone S isn't meaningfully more powerful than the original Xbone while the Scorpio is launching well after the NX (but still the same year).

NX specs are also far from confirmed. As far as we know, it could be on par with or even better than (lol) the PS4 Neo. With everybody striking deals with AMD at the same time, they'll probably get pretty similar hardware unless Nintendo insists on its recent special strategy again.

welp

now that the PS4HDâ,,¢ has been confirmed for this november, we can safely say that the nx is dead on arrival

it's true, even zelda u can't save the nx now

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on September 22, 2016, 10:43:43 AM
if we're going by the Breath of the Wild amiibo release date leak/rumor, the system will come out April 3rd

the date you saw together with those amiibos (4/3/17) was in the european format

it's actually march 4, which doesn't contradict anything nintendo has confirmed about the nx so far

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on September 27, 2016, 07:53:21 AM
also video game related remember the ps4 slim

also video game related: sega saturn

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/791288585647382528Mr. Kimishima reiterated his remark on 3DS today: will continue supporting it and make games for it. Switch isn't a 3DS replacement.

lol 5thgrade;

daily reminder:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/9250/nintendo-reveals-third-pillar

and more recently:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-wont-abandon-wii-u-fanbase-president-says/1100-6432817/

Quote from: kimishimaWhat I want to do, I think our first job right now is to make sure that the customers, those 10 million customers who have a Wii U at home have software to play," he said. "And we need to make sure that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue to enjoy playing on this platform. So we can' just abandon them and say, 'Hey, it's time to move on to the next thing.'

kimishima needs to be gunpei yokoi'd immediately

why would anyone believe a word that comes out of a nintendo rep's mouth, ever

squirrelfriend

prediction: Nintendo switch is the third pillar in that virtual boy was the third pillar

C.Mongler

yeah 3ds is completely ded by 2018 lol i dont know why he would say that

also too lazy to find the link now but 128 gb micro sd card compatibility for storage was confirmed so that's nice of them i guess

Daddy

Remember how the DS Line wasn't a replacement for the gameboy line?  happydood;

C.Mongler

that's marketing speak for "don't stop purchasing our products immediately please we could still use the money"

in the same vein, the vita isn't dead either lol

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 29, 2016, 12:26:39 PM
that's marketing speak for "don't stop purchasing our products immediately please we could still use the money"

except for that Sony straight up said it was

C.Mongler

Quote from: Big Goop on October 29, 2016, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on October 29, 2016, 12:26:39 PM

except for that Sony straight up said it was
have they? not being sarcastic, legit curious of a source because i must have missed that lol, sorry 4 the misinformation then carry on

Go Up