May 04, 2024, 12:08:05 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Thread Consolidation

Started by ME##, May 25, 2015, 05:13:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

all i gotta say is: Loving Every Laugh. 30 fps is for game cubes and shit. not for real video games.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: SVT on July 05, 2016, 11:53:51 PM
all i gotta say is: Loving Every Laugh. 30 fps is for game cubes and shit. not for real video games.
what are real video games? what is a real post?

C.Mongler

i'm reading all these posts at 60fps

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

i was gonna give someone else a chance, but i'm bored, so here we go:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

i feel both bad about this and okay with this. bad because it's going to be a portable wii u, graphically, at best, game sizes are going to be pretty limited and more costly to produce, and i don't see how this would solve nintendo's crippling third party issues. on the other hand, handhelds are nintendo's strongest suit, and this move seems to indicate their saying fuck all to the traditional home console, which at this point isn't necessarily a dumb move considering the 3ds has sold over 4x that of the wii u, and it's not like their third party issues were going to magically disappear by putting out a ps4 equivalent.

i dunno, there's also the "kids are playin' on ANDROOOOOID" arguement, but i feel like mobile gaming still doesnt hit the same spot that a nintendo handheld does, but maybe i'm just being nostalgic.

anyway i'm sure there's at least one boyager who has an opinion about this ;)

squirrelfriend

It would be good for the japanese domestic market

C.Mongler

regardless i have a wii u so i dont need to be an early adopter to play zelda, nice fam :)

also i hear the reveal will be in september but i have no source 4 that

squirrelfriend

lol @ nintendo waiting too long
"What is the NX? Is this like another DS?" â€" consumers

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 26, 2016, 08:27:29 AM
i was gonna give someone else a chance, but i'm bored, so here we go:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-26-nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers

i feel both bad about this and okay with this. bad because it's going to be a portable wii u, graphically, at best, game sizes are going to be pretty limited and more costly to produce, and i don't see how this would solve nintendo's crippling third party issues. on the other hand, handhelds are nintendo's strongest suit, and this move seems to indicate their saying fuck all to the traditional home console, which at this point isn't necessarily a dumb move considering the 3ds has sold over 4x that of the wii u, and it's not like their third party issues were going to magically disappear by putting out a ps4 equivalent.

i dunno, there's also the "kids are playin' on ANDROOOOOID" arguement, but i feel like mobile gaming still doesnt hit the same spot that a nintendo handheld does, but maybe i'm just being nostalgic.

somehow I feel a little bit disappointed

Though they should have come out with this instead of the wii u

Kalahari Inkantation

July 26, 2016, 03:01:46 PM #311 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:45:43 PM by Tectron
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 26, 2016, 08:27:29 AM

giggle;

anyway i don't feel like retyping the same six posts for the dozenth time so

Quote from: Tectron on May 19, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
nintendo would be putting themselves at an even bigger risk by halving their potential revenue stream and making themselves completely dependent on the success or failure of one device, unless they could somehow guarantee it would make at least the combined sales of one separate handheld and one separate console (which they certainly can't)

they'd literally and figuratively be putting themselves one step closer to becoming a sega

not to mention that the technology simply isn't there yet, nor will be by 2016, it would either be a mind-bogglingly underpowered console relative to competitor offerings, or it would be heinously expensive and still underpowered, and either option would completely lock them out of any third party support (if there's even any hope at this point of them ever recovering significant third party support) and guarantee yet another generation of irrelevance

i'm certain that there will come a time when consoles and handhelds (or, more accurately, consoles and smartphones) will have effectively converged into one device, but that's still decades off lol

and

Quote from: Tectron on May 13, 2016, 12:09:01 PM
nintendo would be absolutely stupid (lol) to return to anything like cartridges for a home console because solid state media is STILL vastly more expensive than optical media

that hasn't changed since the n64 days and really isn't likely to change ever

rom prices aren't really readily available to the general public but if we judge by things like flash memory vs blu ray discs, the cost per gigabyte for flash is literally about ten times higher than it is for discs

yeah sure nintendo would get wholesale prices on rom or flash chips but they get wholesale prices on discs too

suddenly the cost of publishing a game on a nintendo console would be whole dollars higher for third parties than it would be to publish the very same game on rival platforms, just like in the n64 days, and if they hope to recover much needed third party support they can't afford to disincentivize them by using some needlessly expensive distribution format

nobody wants an unwieldy overpriced underpowered undersupported nintendo gimmick tablet and i am convinced this is fake (god i hope this is fake)

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on July 26, 2016, 03:01:46 PM
nobody wants a unwieldy overpriced underpowered undersupported nintendo gimmick tablet and i am convinced this is fake

i mean you're inferring both of those things lol but if it's a truly portable wii u (graphically) esque handheld then call me NOBODY :)

but yeah there's been too many fuckin' rumors so who knows lol

Kalahari Inkantation

yes i'm inferring both of those things but i'm inferring based on both historical precedent and the idiocy exhibited in these rumours

which is why i think they have to be fake (who am i kidding nintendo IS this stupid but i still don't believe it)

squirrelfriend

"what is this like another wii"- america

Go Up