June 16, 2024, 08:08:35 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of the Wii U

Started by ME##, January 17, 2015, 12:58:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

Nintendo should just release a smartphone at this rate
It'd be a hit with the wii sports market
Parents could limit who their children call
They could make it easier for seniors to use their phones and not get scammed by strangers

C.Mongler

i mean signs kind of point to nintendo not focusing on mobile hardware for the foreseeable future, and with today's announcement, i'm lead to believe a lot of nintendo mobile games will be literally nintendo games with microtransations on mobile telephone platforms  madood;

squirrelfriend

i think that's a big mistake because all signs point to an opening in the mobile platform market

C.Mongler

*not sure if this is a felt trigger post* but is there one? iphone and android have it pretty well by the balls. the vita sold like shit. the 3ds sold fine, but no where near the level of its predecessors and it's clearly on the way out. i'm not sure what hardware nintendo could launch that would be successful in the current market, as most moms n dads see their son's iphone as a perfectly capable gaming device

squirrelfriend

nintendo could just derive something from android and make a snazzy os
take away samsung's market share
lower r&d too

bluaki

If Nintendo makes an Android phone, I wonder how they'd handle app distribution. Adopting Google Play Services doesn't seem like something they'd do, but I question how much success they could have with their own app market.

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 12:27:56 PM
lower r&d too

i 100% agree, but given nintendo's track record of making/working with a competent OS i would be shocked to see this happen

squirrelfriend

Quote from: bluaki on April 27, 2016, 12:39:11 PM
If Nintendo makes an Android phone, I wonder how they'd handle app distribution. Adopting Google Play Services doesn't seem like something they'd do, but I question how much success they could have with their own app market.
if it's like full-fledged games they make specifically for the platform it could work
make it the successor to the 3ds
maybe make a tablet version non-phone version like the wii u gamepad was heading towards
people are going to emulate their games anyhow it's a fact of life

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 27, 2016, 12:42:27 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 12:27:56 PM
lower r&d too

i 100% agree, but given nintendo's track record of making/working with a competent OS i would be shocked to see this happen
it could be lipstick on a pig and nintendo fans would still eat it up

C.Mongler

the home screen will have two buttons

• play mario?

• answer thinly veiled market research question?

squirrelfriend

miitomo is nintendo testing the waters at ui design whilst gathering market data they can sell to use as a buffer

C.Mongler

miitomo was fun for posting dank memes for the first 3 days and then i spent all my coins on booty shorts and now it's INCREDIBLY boring and pointless, which is a darn shame. i hope the fire emblem and animal crossing mobile games aren't the same shit

squirrelfriend

well it was the novelty of the mii channel all over again so it was fun for its purpose tbh

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 12:13:35 PM
They could make it easier for seniors to use their phones and not get scammed by strangers

this would be a complete waste of time and money for nintendo

to release the umpteenth gimmick lagdroid smartphone in a market that's already vastly overcrowded and yields negative profits for nearly everyone involved, even giant industry veterans like lg and sony who are much better equipped to absorb losses from their mobile divisions

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Tectron on April 27, 2016, 01:17:29 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 12:13:35 PM

this would be a complete waste of time and money for nintendo

to release the umpteenth gimmick lagdroid smartphone in a market that's already vastly overcrowded and yields negative profits for nearly everyone involved, even giant industry veterans like lg and sony
have you done market research tell me your stats pls
i think if it had traditional games it would do well
make the next generation of full-fledged pokemon games run on it tbh guaranteed system seller
make the next generation of animal crossing run on it
make [any universally popular nintendo franchise] run on it
nintendo could make an ngage clone and people would buy it
the console makers sell their consoles at a loss anyhow so i don't see how this refutes anything

C.Mongler

also sony has been bleeding money for years on their non-gaming ventures, i'm not sure where the constant argument sony = HOLY GREEN nintendo = HELLFIRE RED comes from either lol, if anything nintendo has more room to take a risk on a android hybrid than sony would

Go Up