September 26, 2024, 09:28:47 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mario Kart 8 Updates: Nintendo Kart Edition

Started by bluaki, August 26, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 27, 2014, 10:40:23 PM
Quote from: y-i on August 27, 2014, 10:15:28 PM
so what time do i need to get a wii u by in order to get the extra colors
I don't think this is a limited-time thing; even after the DLC releases, buying the combo pack should continue to unlock Yoshi and Shy Guy colors.
ah i thought it was for pre-ordering or something

Samus Aran

as ridiculous as that is, it could have been a lot worse. i was fearing a motorcycle that just looked exactly like epona or something.

Kalahari Inkantation

i honestly don't think it's any more ridiculous than having link make a guest appearance in mario kart in the first place lol

i actually don't hate the design (too bad i don't use bikes, unless this happens to end up being one of the few that drifts normally)

but yeah an epona with wheels would have been terrible

Samus Aran

inb4 gyroid bike for isabelle and villager

[spoiler]inb4 isabelle bike so i can finally ride her[/spoiler]

bluaki

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/eiji_aonuma_wants_mario_kart_8s_dlc_master_cycle_in_future_zelda_games

[spoiler]
QuoteHello everyone. This is Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo.

The other day, I gave you all a sneak peek of Epona, which is a weapon included in a DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. Today, I would like to introduce another one of Link’s “rides” which will be included in the Mario Kart 8 The Legend of Zelda DLC Pack along with Link…the Master Cycle.

As you can see in this picture, the Master Cycle is designed after a horse, so it’s literally a horse of steel. (The Hylian Shield even looks like the cowling too.)

You can use many different types of bikes in Mario Kart 8, but this Master Cycle has a design that characters ride leaning forward, allowing you to make sharp turns on the course.

Also, this bike is designed a little bigger compared to other bikes, so you’ll definitely leave an impression on the track when you race with it.

The development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.)

Along with the first Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack, The Legend of Zelda Pack planned for release in November, you can also advance purchase the second DLC Pack, the Animal Crossing Pack either separately or together with the first pack in a bundle. Please check out Nintendo eShop or the in-game shop if you’re interested in this content (a software update is required in order to access the DLC content).

I hope you'll look forward to seeing Link take a leap outside of the world of Hyrule and making his karting debut!
[/spoiler]

QuoteThe development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.)

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on October 15, 2014, 10:10:53 PM
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/522430647143763968/photo/1

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I like it

Quote from: bluaki on October 16, 2014, 07:12:19 AM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/eiji_aonuma_wants_mario_kart_8s_dlc_master_cycle_in_future_zelda_games

[spoiler]
QuoteHello everyone. This is Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo.

The other day, I gave you all a sneak peek of Epona, which is a weapon included in a DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors. Today, I would like to introduce another one of Link’s “rides” which will be included in the Mario Kart 8 The Legend of Zelda DLC Pack along with Link…the Master Cycle.

As you can see in this picture, the Master Cycle is designed after a horse, so it’s literally a horse of steel. (The Hylian Shield even looks like the cowling too.)

You can use many different types of bikes in Mario Kart 8, but this Master Cycle has a design that characters ride leaning forward, allowing you to make sharp turns on the course.

Also, this bike is designed a little bigger compared to other bikes, so you’ll definitely leave an impression on the track when you race with it.

The development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.)

Along with the first Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack, The Legend of Zelda Pack planned for release in November, you can also advance purchase the second DLC Pack, the Animal Crossing Pack either separately or together with the first pack in a bundle. Please check out Nintendo eShop or the in-game shop if you’re interested in this content (a software update is required in order to access the DLC content).

I hope you'll look forward to seeing Link take a leap outside of the world of Hyrule and making his karting debut!
[/spoiler]

QuoteThe development team showed me how the Master Cycle races on the track, and I was overwhelmed by how great it looked. (It looked so cool that I also want it to appear in games I work on.)

I kinda do too

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on October 16, 2014, 07:12:19 AM
QuoteYou can use many different types of bikes in Mario Kart 8, but this Master Cycle has a design that characters ride leaning forward, allowing you to make sharp turns on the course.

gah

but i guess that means that ever-recurring rumour of a zelda with a futuristic setting might soon no longer be just a rumour

Hiro

idk i would just take that statement as hyperbole, it does look p. cool which is his main point

The artist formally known

I'd be happy just to see the Zelda gameplay change. Could be a train wreck but so was Spirit Tracks.

Hiro

The artist formally known

strongbad

i am thinking of buying a wii u for this game
worth?

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up