July 01, 2024, 12:53:44 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dreamcast

Started by Morning_Glory, June 12, 2007, 10:53:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morning_Glory

Is it worth buying one? What good games were there for it?

The artist formally known

Buy a version one and burn games

ncba93ivyase

Bangai-O!, Soul Calibur, Jet Grind Radio, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, every shmup, MDK2, and loads of shit I can't think of right now.

I got mine for about $30 with some Gauntlet game.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

June 12, 2007, 10:59:19 PM #3 Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:02:39 PM by Reaper
Quote from: Lawlz on June 12, 2007, 10:57:41 PM
Bangai-O!, Soul Calibur, Jet Grind Radio, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, every shmup, MDK2, and loads of shit I can't think of right now.

I got mine for about $30 with some Gauntlet game.
You forgot the PowerStone games, even if they're fucking expensive.

Morning_Glory

JET SET GRIND? OH SHI-, OH SHI-, OH SHI-....

How much would be a good idea to pay for one? Some of those games sound great, not to mention Crazy Taxi bitches!, and it would be nice just to have a Dreamcast in my collection.

Quote from: Morning_Glory on June 12, 2007, 11:03:04 PM

How much would be a good idea to pay for one? Some of those games sound great, not to mention Crazy Taxi bitches!, and it would be nice just to have a Dreamcast in my collection.
$20 without the box, $40 with the box. Do not jump and buy one right away like Lawlz and I did. They sell for so fucking cheap now-a-days. You can get one with at least four games for $30.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Reaper on June 12, 2007, 11:06:52 PM

$20 without the box, $40 with the box. Do not jump and buy one right away like Lawlz and I did. They sell for so ****ing cheap now-a-days. You can get one with at least four games for $30.

Should I turn to eBay or look around used game stores, yard sales, etc?

Quote from: Morning_Glory on June 12, 2007, 11:13:12 PM

$20 without the box, $40 with the box. Do not jump and buy one right away like Lawlz and I did. They sell for so ****ing cheap now-a-days. You can get one with at least four games for $30.

Should I turn to eBay or look around used game stores, yard sales, etc?
Yard sales and eBay first. Look at yard sales and never ever ever act excited when you go to buy it, act like it's a piece of junk when you see it, ask what it is, act like you don't know what the hell it is because it is so old. Don't pay more then $15 for it at a yard sale unless it comes with games or a box. The memory cards are like $1 each even though they have LCD screens in them.

Seriously, look at yard sales first, then eBay if you have no luck.

Morning_Glory

Alright, much thanks to both of you.

ncba93ivyase

$20 without the box, $40 with the box. Do not jump and buy one right away like Lawlz and I did. They sell for so fucking cheap now-a-days. You can get one with at least four games for $30.
The game that was inside of mine was  on the shelf for $18. I was supposed to get the system alone, but apparently Rhino doesn't check their systems before selling them.

I'd say $25-35 is a fair price for the system alone. Hell, I would've payed up to $50 for it. Just don't get one loaded with cockroach eggs like mine was. gonk;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Quote from: Lawlz on June 12, 2007, 11:36:23 PM

The game that was inside of mine was  on the shelf for $18. I was supposed to get the system alone, but apparently Rhino doesn't check their systems before selling them.

I'd say $25-35 is a fair price for the system alone. Hell, I would've payed up to $50 for it. Just don't get one loaded with cockroach eggs like mine was. gonk;
$25+ isn't a great deal though, when I go to buy systems, for now on, I like them to be amazing deals.

Make sure you get version 1 so you can burn games and play them if you want to in the future. Version 2 Dreamcasts are the same thing but won't let you play burnt games.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Reaper on June 12, 2007, 11:57:01 PM
$25+ isn't a great deal though, when I go to buy systems, for now on, I like them to be amazing deals.

Make sure you get version 1 so you can burn games and play them if you want to in the future. Version 2 Dreamcasts are the same thing but won't let you play burnt games.

The Dreamcast is a great system, so it's always worth the price. I like to save money too, but if I have enough money to buy it the moment I see it, I get it. There are only about 10 million DC's circulating, so I had to snag one.

Quote from: Lawlz on June 13, 2007, 12:06:42 AM

The Dreamcast is a great system, so it's always worth the price. I like to save money too, but if I have enough money to buy it the moment I see it, I get it. There are only about 10 million DC's circulating, so I had to snag one.
Trust me, thats 10 million too many in most people's opinions.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Reaper on June 13, 2007, 01:58:30 AM

For some damn reason, Sony managed to ship 100 million PS1's. I don't see how such an abomination could pass 15.

Quote from: Lawlz on June 13, 2007, 02:13:11 AM
Quote from: Reaper on June 13, 2007, 01:58:30 AM

For some damn reason, Sony managed to ship 100 million PS1's. I don't see how such an abomination could pass 15.
Well, last gen, my favorite console was PS2 because it has a shit load of awesome games. Gamecube has a handful and xbox has like three.

Go Up