April 27, 2024, 01:40:47 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls 2

Started by TooB, March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 17, 2014, 03:39:21 PM
i mentioned them because i noticed them and because this is a thread where i can post things about this video game lol

i'm not "complaining" per se, just posting what i thought as i was playing

and also it's not just "animation recovery" - one of the biggest speed changes is that your shield draw speed is actually significantly slower than dark souls. but there is a method behind this madness. the new agility stat thingy effects that and other things. the dark souls 2 wikidot has confirmed that with the corresponding stat at 21, shield draw speed is still slower than dark souls, but significantly improved over starting stats

hocuspocus;
ok i see.
But yeah, i just dont think of those things that much. Idk, i mean, you are right, but i didnt really feel a difference that much. But its nothing big so it doesnt matter.

I just realized the gargoyles make another appearance, and this time you fight like 4 of them.

Fuck...]

Placebo Headwound

I'm very near to the end at this point.

I honestly find it to be a big disappointment compared to the original. akudood;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on March 17, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 17, 2014, 03:39:21 PM
i mentioned them because i noticed them and because this is a thread where i can post things about this video game lol

i'm not "complaining" per se, just posting what i thought as i was playing

and also it's not just "animation recovery" - one of the biggest speed changes is that your shield draw speed is actually significantly slower than dark souls. but there is a method behind this madness. the new agility stat thingy effects that and other things. the dark souls 2 wikidot has confirmed that with the corresponding stat at 21, shield draw speed is still slower than dark souls, but significantly improved over starting stats

hocuspocus;
ok i see.
But yeah, i just dont think of those things that much. Idk, i mean, you are right, but i didnt really feel a difference that much. But its nothing big so it doesnt matter.

I just realized the gargoyles make another appearance, and this time you fight like 4 of them.

Fuck...]
Another one pops into the fight every time you take one down to half health. You always have to fight two at once, so it's best not to divide your attention and kill one ASAP as soon as a third one enters the fight.

It's a fight that can be pretty frustrating until near endgame when you can actually damage them fast enough to keep things under control/

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm going in deprived

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

assuming the relationship between stats and weaponry is about the same as it was in the original, i'll probably focus primarily on dexterity

though since pyromancy scales with intelligence and faith now i guess i'll have to take those into consideration as well :'(

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Tectron on April 28, 2014, 11:25:57 AM
assuming the relationship between stats and weaponry is about the same as it was in the original, i'll probably focus primarily on dexterity

though since pyromancy scales with intelligence and faith now i guess i'll have to take those into consideration as well :'(
I did a dex build.

I don't recommend it. It's nowhere near as fun as it used to be.

Kalahari Inkantation

Well that's a shame. :(

Snowy

I think my DeS build was like dex str and Vit which was a lot of fun.

Snowy

[youtube]J57sqarje20[/youtube]

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/no-dark-souls-2-season-pass-on-xbox-360/0135761Furthermore, it also looks as if [the Season Passâ,,˘] won’t be available at all on PS3 in North America.

goonish

Go Up