April 27, 2024, 05:09:04 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls 2

Started by TooB, March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

So, apparently leveling works much as it did in demons.
Talking to a certain someone

Snowy

I'm really liking DaS2, it has a really good feel to it. I'm digging how everything looks too. Those huge ogre things at the beginning certainly are terrifying. I am having a hard time picking which covenant I want to be in though lol

also praise Yeezus for the pre-order weapons because holy shit I need to git gud again

Kalahari Inkantation

what platform did you get it on

also i'm so glad i got the limited edition

that embossed case is amazing

Snowy

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on March 11, 2014, 08:40:14 PM
what platform did you get it on

I got it on PS3. I got really lucky and someone returned their Black Armor edition because their PS3 broke when they got home lol

Snowy

I found a Fire Longsword. O_0

TooB

Beat pursuer. What an asshole

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on March 11, 2014, 08:29:36 PM

also praise Yeezus for the pre-order weapons because holy shit I need to git gud again

i actually had no idea pre-order weapons were a thing

i only pre-ordered it because of the black armor edition case, and because it was the same price as a typical new game anyway

Snowy

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 12, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 11, 2014, 08:29:36 PM

i actually had no idea pre-order weapons were a thing

i only pre-ordered it because of the black armor edition case, and because it was the same price as a typical new game anyway
I was hoping they were still going to be found in the game, but I guess people wanted the community weapons early or something

TooB

I gave the soundtrack a listen to....
Love it

Snowy

Also, I'm level 55 with access to most of the beginning areas so if anyone else is playing now we can play together or w/e

TooB

I found this area with like a bunch of those turtleknights....
Ouch... my pride

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on March 12, 2014, 05:27:44 PM
Also, I'm level 55 with access to most of the beginning areas so if anyone else is playing now we can play together or w/e
i just hit 35

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on March 11, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

omg it just is

TooB

[spoiler] why the fuck is ornstein back? Oh well. At least hes alone this time. [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

so this whole enemy extinction thing. normal enemies can be killed permanently. most people are saying it seems to take 15 kills to make an enemy stop respawning forever.

pros:
-less enemies in your way if you're having to do the same area over and over

cons:
-soul farming obviously limited
-if you miss a rare drop and you've killed all the enemies that drop it permanently, you're boned. you'll have to try again in NG+.

in terms of difficulty, it's a double-edged sword. obviously you'll be farming less souls and less effigies so eventually becoming stuck at 50% health with no more effigies to farm in an area is a very real possibility, making boss strategy that much more important. at the same time though, your path to the boss will obviously be much easier.

i mostly dislike this system, largely for the issue of missing rare drops, but i guess i can see why From might have thought it was a good idea.

Go Up