May 29, 2024, 04:17:13 AM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The future of SSB (Dec. 9th 2013)

Started by strongbad, November 18, 2013, 06:37:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: udderfailure on November 19, 2013, 01:31:32 PM
i really think that it does have the feel of a new smash game
it is way different from melee even though it adopted primarily melee mechanics
recoveries are way easier and edgeguarding is less effective overall which changes things a lot
The last two sound like brawl features n_u

But again, no new characters

TooB

Just dl'd project m 2.6 today.
I like how zero suit and the pokemon are justselectable characters

Wrench

Quote from: udderfailure on November 19, 2013, 01:29:49 PM
nope! you just need an sd card and then you run it through the stage builder in brawl. takes a couple minutes and is super easy to get going

Saaaaaaawheeeeet!

Could find this out through Google, but is there a brand of SD Card you specifically recommend? I admit I don't know a whole lot about them.

strongbad

if you want to use the method where you dont need to mod your wii get an sd card that is less than 2gb

Hiro

bluaki

Quote from: udderfailure on November 20, 2013, 07:41:54 AM
if you want to use the method where you dont need to mod your wii get an sd card that is less than 2gb
Huh, why does it have to be less than 2GB? Does Brawl only support non-SDHC?

I remember that Wii did get a system update adding some sort of SDHC support, but I don't know exactly what that affects.

I installed homebrew channel on my Wii way back when Twilight Hack was the only notable method to do so and have never had to reinstall it since then. I haven't installed homebrew channel on my Wii U Wii mode yet and the system transfer didn't copy it over.

Quote from: CM Wrench on November 20, 2013, 05:02:53 AM
is there a brand of SD Card you specifically recommend?
Sandisk, Kingston, and Transcend are the major three brands I always see. Most other brands should be good too. Quality is rarely something you actually care about when it comes to SD cards unless you're doing something bottlenecked by I/O speed.

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on November 20, 2013, 08:58:28 PM
Huh, why does it have to be less than 2GB? Does Brawl only support non-SDHC?

I remember that Wii did get a system update adding some sort of SDHC support, but I don't know exactly what that affects.

I installed homebrew channel on my Wii way back when Twilight Hack was the only notable method to do so and have never had to reinstall it since then. I haven't installed homebrew channel on my Wii U Wii mode yet and the system transfer didn't copy it over.
Sandisk, Kingston, and Transcend are the major three brands I always see. Most other brands should be good too. Quality is rarely something you actually care about when it comes to SD cards unless you're doing something bottlenecked by I/O speed.

yeah i was wondering the same thing actually- i had just checked the project m website for reference and it said less than 2gb is ideal
might still work with more than that but idk really

Geno

I don't see the point of this at all.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Patrick Stickles

it's to make brawl more like melee because brawl is seen as a competitive failure
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Hiro

it seems like it's evolved past that into more of just a  fan-improved version of brawl (with more melee similarities but also just new ways to keep the game fresh)

Patrick Stickles

i dunno if you follow either competitively but it's more like melee in the sense of the physics engine. that was the original purpose anyway - brawl took out all the stuff that made melee competitive (sakurai kind of did this intentionally, he liked the idea of keeping it a fun party game), so they worked with the physics engine until it started to resemble melee more.

but you are right in the sense that brawl did add stuff to the game in terms of character moves, so they made hybrids of all those movesets into project m

it's really a melee 1.5 in that sense, but that was what the competitive scene was looking for out of brawl (and did not receive)
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Hiro

strongbad

3.0 just hit
here's a dl link (website is probably going to be down for a while due to traffic and shit)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r4nca2sv6fcqx/3.0%20Mirror%20%5BOff-Site%5D

i really think that everyone who is into smash at all should try this
more of an upgrade than melee to brawl was imo, even from a non-competitive standpoint

but if you guys (hirotyler) still want to be stubborn and ignore an amazing game just because it wasn't made by nintendo then it is your loss

I AM SO STOKED WHY WONT IT DL FASTER
so stoked to fuck shit up with kirby and olimar omgomgomgomgomg

Snowy

strongbad

December 09, 2013, 05:56:19 PM #44 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:03:15 PM by udderfailure
then play project m 3.0

they even added new items (one that puts your character into turbo mode) and tweaked existing items to make them better for you plebeians

check the changelog
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-3-0-released-changelog-in-post.343401/

EDIT:
sorry, i'm done trying to force project m on people

it just really bothers me that people flip shit over new smash games, and that is what project m is
just because it isn't made by nintendo doesnt mean that it is of any less quality or any less interesting
just because it is modeled after melee's physics doesn't mean that there aren't new mechanics that give it a new feel
it especially bothers me that the people who seem to have the most against pm haven't played it, even though installing it and playing it is extremely easy and free (even though they would happily drive to gamestop and pay $60 for new smash made by nintendo)
if anything, people's reluctance to project m just shows me that people only really care about idolizing nintendo and their characters, instead of the actual game being played (whether it be for competitive or casual reasons).

This is the last time that I'll be defensive about it

Go Up