May 23, 2024, 02:28:42 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on February 19, 2013, 04:50:58 PM
The game discs don't even really have anything on them, they're just there to start the download process.

according to rumours this is exactly what the new xbox does

don't let's

Quote from: Thyme on February 19, 2013, 05:01:16 PM
srsly
watch half of them not be though. just think of the improvements they've made to the current service after ps+

don't let's

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 05:02:56 PM
according to rumours this is exactly what the new xbox does
new xbox does sound like a disaster :(

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on February 19, 2013, 05:03:28 PM
watch half of them not be though. just think of the improvements they've made to the current service after ps+

yeah exactly, even stupid basic things that should be standard like autoupdate are ps+ exclusive smithicide;

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on February 19, 2013, 05:01:16 PM
srsly
oh god me too :'(
Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 04:58:54 PM
-no increase in the msrp of new games

ugh. smithicide;

truly, i'd rather have flexible pricing with games like japan has rather than a flat $69.99 awdood;

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

February 19, 2013, 05:14:08 PM #24 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:21:19 PM by HumuHumu...Tec
what i actually expect:

-retains numbered ps4 name (perhaps with a subtitle???)
-backwards-compatible with ps1 discs, but not ps2 or ps3 discs at all, meaning all disc games will need to be repurchased
-loss of many currently free features of psn to ps+, only the most fundamental aspects of online play remain free to all such that the 'real' experience requires a ps+ subscription anyway
-no drastic restrictions on used games immediately, but gradually we will see more baby steps a la the online pass
-no drastic increases in drm in general, but eventually we'll see more and more games which require a persistent online connection, require an activation code, etc.
-$400 minimum price tag, likely closer to $500
-we will indeed see wii u-esque vita gimmicks which will quickly be forgotten about
-no major change in msrp of games
-updated pseye comparable to kinect, will hopefully flop in a similar manner

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
-no drastic restrictions on used games immediately, but gradually we will see more baby steps a la the online pass

like apparently the vita doesn't grant trophies when it detects that certain titles are used, i guarantee we'll be seeing more soft restrictions like that rather that a sudden full-on ban of used games goowan

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
-updated pseye comparable to kinect, will hopefully flop in a similar manner

unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have flopped all that much.  microsoft gives out a bs 'shipped' number of 24 million, but i fear the total sold is not more than a few million off. 

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dovydas on February 19, 2013, 05:26:38 PM
unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have flopped all that much.  microsoft gives out a bs 'shipped' number of 24 million, but i fear the total sold is not more than a few million off. 

sales-wise it's been hugely successful for them, but in terms of content there's nothing but wannabe wii games

though i guess i'm hoping the for the pseudokinect to be more like the ps move in that in flopped both sales-wise and in terms of content but didn't seem to affect the flow of standard ps3 games goowan

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 05:26:15 PM
like apparently the vita doesn't grant trophies when it detects that certain titles are used, i guarantee we'll be seeing more soft restrictions like that rather that a sudden full-on ban of used games goowan
um tec that can be easily circumvented by formatting the game card on the vita
I love [you]

Go Up