June 23, 2024, 12:27:51 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Snack Dad on May 14, 2013, 11:38:00 AM

Clearer and English versions of those two screenshots:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Hiro

I'll be getting X version

bluaki

Quote from: Snack Dad on May 14, 2013, 11:52:19 AM
I'll be getting X version

Why decide now when we know basically nothing about version differences?

don't let's

X as a letter sounds cooler than Y, but Y is the oppressor chromosome, so...

ME##

i always feel dumb because i literally have no idea what the differences in versions are lol

bluaki

Quote from: Dovydas on May 14, 2013, 02:05:46 PM
i always feel dumb because i literally have no idea what the differences in versions are lol
The only worthwhile difference is in version-exclusive pokemon: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Version-exclusive_Pok%C3%A9mon

Other differences so far include:
Title screens
There are a few instances where certain pokemon are rarer, but not excluded entirely from, one version.
In Gold/Silver and HeartGold/SoulSilver, one legendary pokemon is available earlier in the game while the other can be caught much later but at a higher level
Gold and Silver have completely different Pokemon sprites
In Ruby/Sapphire, Teams Magma/Aqua swap roles between versions, making some changes in trainer battles, story/dialogue, and aesthetics.
In Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, and Black2/White2 the different version-exclusive legendary slightly changes the dialogue/story.
In Black/White and Black2/White2, several locations have dramatically different appearance, a few trainers (mostly the triple battles) are different, and there's one exclusive location (Black City or White Forest). In Black/White, this exclusive location is practically worthless and in Black2/White2 it was completely repurposed in a way that makes the primary difference between versions aesthetic.

Third versions (Blue JP, Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) have many more differences, of course

YPrrrr

Based on the only difference we know right now - the legendary on the box, I would prefer Y

bluaki

I thought the rumors floating around the internet about a new fairy type were mostly a guess (and possible leak), but apparently Sylveon's Japanese name's official romanization is Nymphia, which makes the fairy reference (nymph) quite obvious. Compare that to some other eevee evolutions' Japanese names: Showers, Thunders, Blacky, Glacia, Leafia.
Also the word "Sylph" is associated with fairies, but that's less clear of an association imo.

YPrrrr

Maybe it's a whore pokemon

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on May 14, 2013, 11:54:30 AM
Why decide now when we know basically nothing about version differences?
Because I like the legendary better

Quote from: bluaki on May 14, 2013, 06:02:34 PM
I thought the rumors floating around the internet about a new fairy type were mostly a guess (and possible leak), but apparently Sylveon's Japanese name's official romanization is Nymphia, which makes the fairy reference (nymph) quite obvious. Compare that to some other eevee evolutions' Japanese names: Showers, Thunders, Blacky, Glacia, Leafia.
Also the word "Sylph" is associated with fairies, but that's less clear of an association imo.
Well that's kind of neat
I wonder why a fairy type though
what would that even do

don't let's

well, tingle was a fairy...

Mando Pandango

sorry hiro the x pokemon is dumb and the y one looks p cool you chose wrong
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

sylph scope lets u see fairies

next game will take place in kanto again but sylph company is large conglemerate whose caputres fairy pokemon and sells them to team rocket (or takes place of team rocket)

there u go nintendo saved ur fucking franchise

Snowy

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on May 14, 2013, 09:54:10 PM
sorry hiro the x pokemon is dumb and the y one looks p cool you chose wrong
I respect all opinions but this is an incorrect opinion

bluaki

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 17, 2013, 06:47:25 PM
sylph scope lets u see fairies

next game will take place in kanto again but sylph company is large conglemerate whose caputres fairy pokemon and sells them to team rocket (or takes place of team rocket)

there u go nintendo saved ur fucking franchise
but we already know these games are in a region called Kalos that looks like France

or do you mean the next games after X and Y

Go Up