You know that rumoured 3DS "redesign" everyone has been talking about?

Started by PLEASEHELP1991, June 21, 2012, 08:55:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

I can see why you would want one.  But Nintendo really should have better foresight gonk;

[spoiler=apple has blinded me]also, the pixel density on the 3ds xl i xd sp myface;[/spoiler]

bluaki

I've never so much as touched a 3DS, but the Start/Select/Home buttons on it have always looked odd to me and like I imagine it'd feel like the buttons aren't separated at all from the surrounding surface. Looks like they're switching back to regular buttons there for the XL.

I've never used a DSi XL either for that matter, so I lack familiarity with both of the systems that this 3DS XL is related to. Wasn't DSiXL's larger viewing angle a notable feature? It's not like they can keep that with 3D goowan

Considering that I don't have much use for portability anyways (and if I do bring a game system somewhere, it's in a bag, not a pocket), I guess XL would be better for me for when I do actually get a 3DS.

Quote from: Dovydas on June 22, 2012, 09:06:10 AM
I can see why you would want one.  But Nintendo really should have better foresight gonk;

[spoiler=apple has blinded me]also, the pixel density on the 3ds xl i xd sp myface;[/spoiler]
What issue of foresight is there? Not including a second circle pad? If you mean something else, I wouldn't doubt that they had this XL model planned since before the regular 3DS launched and simply decided to hold off announcing/releasing until later because it helps sales to release them separately.

At least, It's much better (about 45% higher ppi) than the DSi XL's pixel density. It's actually a very slightly higher pixel density (3.77px/mm) than my 1920px/52cm wide (3.68px/mm) computer monitor.

Classic

Hey David, the XL model won't have the black on XX color scheme. It's all one color now. goowan

ME##

By foresight I mean seeing how this can upset people, how a higher res display would have been better etc
Quote from: Nation McKinley on June 22, 2012, 12:10:51 PM
Hey David, the XL model won't have the black on XX color scheme. It's all one color now. goowan
Thank gourd :'(

ME##

Classic

Samus Aran

Quote from: Original_MIB on June 21, 2012, 09:12:05 PM
"The new 3DS will have longer battery life, but an AC adapter won't be included with the system in order to keep costs down (it will be available for purchase separately)."

...what the fuck

ME##

Quote from: Kana Minami on June 23, 2012, 03:29:41 PM
...what the fuck

srsly

how much honestly can that reduce cost buy?  i mean the packaging is already large, so i doubt you save that much on shipping

don't let's

I just wish they'd strap a dc jack on there like the old days

Kalahari Inkantation

i wish they could just use a standard usb port, but there's probably limitations to usb charging speed awdood;

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:08:36 PM
i wish they could just use a standard usb port, but there's probably limitations to usb charging speed awdood;

well, usb 3.0 is faster at charging lol befuddlement

>implying nintendo would ever use anything even remotely modern technology wise

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on June 23, 2012, 07:13:10 PM
well, usb 3.0 is faster at charging lol befuddlement

idk shit about this, but i'm p. sure it's only faster if you have a usb 3.0 port at hand, which still to this day isn't the case for a lot of people, me included

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:16:34 PM
exactly awdood;
lol awdood;
Quote from: Thyme on June 23, 2012, 07:20:14 PM
idk shit about this, but i'm p. sure it's only faster if you have a usb 3.0 port at hand, which still to this day isn't the case for a lot of people, me included
well, wouldn't you still the benefits of it from a wall adaptor or am i dumb lol goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dovydas on June 23, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
lol awdood; well, wouldn't you still the benefits of it from a wall adaptor or am i dumb lol goowan

i don't see why you wouldn't, but they'd have to include a charger in the box which for some insane reason is what they're now trying to avoid awdood;

they could get away with not including a charger using usb 2.0 since it's so ubiquitous but 3.0 is still p. uncommon lol >.<

Go Up