You know that rumoured 3DS "redesign" everyone has been talking about?

Started by PLEASEHELP1991, June 21, 2012, 08:55:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:36:33 PM
i don't see why you wouldn't, but they'd have to include a charger in the box which for some insane reason is what they're now trying to avoid awdood;

honestly, it seems like an even less effective 'cost-cutting' measure than those sony tried with the ps3  confuseddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

lol which of sony's cost-cutting measures are you referring to y/n

[spoiler]While not providing a charger seems stupid, I still think Sony's were far worse because they actually removed useful features. awdood;[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

[spoiler]While not providing a charger seems stupid, I still think Sony's were far worse because they actually removed useful features. awdood;[/spoiler]
removing the ps2 ans ps1 components from the motherboard, usb ports and memory card slots mostly

and true lol

Hiro

Just so you guys all know, that only applies to Japan. It comes with a charger in the US.

bluaki

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

Beyond useful features, isn't being able to recharge the battery an essential feature for which a lack makes the entire system useless?

Or are the AC adapter and charging dock two separate parts and these announcements mean only one of those is missing in those regions?

Quote from: Dovydas on June 23, 2012, 07:50:29 PM
removing the ps2 ans ps1 components from the motherboard, usb ports and memory card slots mostly
Can't the PS3 play PS1 games perfectly fine as-is without dedicated PS1 hardware?
The memory card ports are in my opinion perfectly suited to being a separate USB accessory
Two USB ports seems sufficient for any use I can think of; even when using multiplayer it should be very unlikely to need to charge more than one controller at a time and the only USB accessory I know of that's actively used in gameplay is the eyetoy. If anything about the USB ports is annoying, it's that they're unpowered when the system is off.

But lack of PS2 game support in all remotely recent models is a really annoying cost-cutting measure awdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on June 24, 2012, 02:46:49 AM
Beyond useful features, isn't being able to recharge the battery an essential feature for which a lack makes the entire system useless?

Or are the AC adapter and charging dock two separate parts and these announcements mean only one of those is missing in those regions?

their logic is that everyone in japan owns a 3ds or dsi so everyone should already have a charger, and if not they can purchase one separately

It looks like they've done away with the charging dock entirely. befuddlement

Quote from: bluaki on June 24, 2012, 02:46:49 AM
But lack of PS2 game support in all remotely recent models is a really annoying cost-cutting measure awdood;

agreed, i can live with the removal of the card readers which i never used and the other two usb ports and the slimming down of the console, but ps2 compatibility was an essential feature awdood;

PLEASEHELP1991

the 3ds xl will not be compatible with the existing circle pad pro accessory obviously
I love [you]

ME##

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tectite on June 23, 2012, 07:08:36 PM
i wish they could just use a standard usb port, but there's probably limitations to usb charging speed awdood;
I was thinking the same thing. srsly

If they're not going to include an AC adaptor, it should at least be some sort of plug that everybody really does have. If you didn't buy a DSi or 3DS, then you'll need to spend $19.99-$29.99 on top of $200 just to charge the damn thing. akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

I don't see the point in getting the XL/LL version of the 3DS. The screens are fine as it is (though I'd like to play an XL/LL at some point and see the difference), and honestly it looks too big.

Classic

Quote from: Snowy on June 25, 2012, 09:53:19 AM
I don't see the point in getting the XL/LL version of the 3DS. The screens are fine as it is (though I'd like to play an XL/LL at some point and see the difference), and honestly it looks too big.

Refer to my picture on the first page.

Really big hands.  :(

Classic

Nintendo of America confirmed an AC adapter and a 4 GB memory card with the XL for North America.

Go Up