September 23, 2024, 11:24:17 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I think I'm going to go into engineering

Started by strongbad, January 03, 2012, 07:51:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

gonzo journalism is still bullshit though. they pretty much are the Blogs of the 1960s.

Walter

Quote from: vziard on January 06, 2012, 04:16:43 PM
if you become an HVAC Xpert I will hire you to design cooling systems for data centers (but only if they;re good)

see you make connections on boyah too

awwwwww yeah lubdoods;

Quote from: Hippopo on January 06, 2012, 04:35:16 PM
A lot of you are being overly unsupportive about this.

nah man, trying to be realistic. theres a reason why the majority of engineering students drop out, theres no reason to waste money on tuition if you aren't positive thats what you want to do.

Hippopo

Quote from: Walter on January 06, 2012, 04:54:51 PM
awwwwww yeah lubdoods;

nah man, trying to be realistic. theres a reason why the majority of engineering students drop out, theres no reason to waste money on tuition if you aren't positive thats what you want to do.
Yeah, but none of us even know David in real life, so we aren't sure how passionate he really is about it.  If anything, we are causing him to have a higher likelihood of failure by instantly dismissing his dream.

I think we can be supportive and realistic at the same time.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Hippopo on January 06, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
Yeah, but none of us even know David in real life, so we aren't sure how passionate he really is about it.  If anything, we are causing him to have a higher likelihood of failure by instantly dismissing his dream.

I think we can be supportive and realistic at the same time.

"I've decided that I'm paying so much fucking money for a degree, I might as well do something with it that makes money."
If he's really passionate about it, I'd love to hear it. Really.

Switching from Journalism to something so incredibly specialized as Engineering is a massive step across the pond.

But if it's something you really want to do, really and fucking honestly, all the more power to you. Have a goal in front of you and take the steps to get there.
Quote from: Complicated Bridge on January 06, 2012, 04:41:00 PM
gonzo journalism is still bullshit though. they pretty much are the Blogs of the 1960s.

You shut your damn mouth.

silvertone

don't get me wrong. they are entertaining, but as far as journalism goes....heh...

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Complicated Bridge on January 06, 2012, 11:25:45 PM
don't get me wrong. they are entertaining, but as far as journalism goes....heh...

If only you could take that style and combine it with actual fact.

silvertone

January 07, 2012, 12:06:38 AM #66 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:16:19 PM by Complicated Bridge
Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on January 06, 2012, 11:41:43 PM
If only you could take that style and combine it with actual fact.
the style really has no focus on True Events, it just the writer warping everything. but it is entertaining

silvertone

PLEASEHELP1991

it's true even outside of the fyad context :'(
I love [you]

?????

Die for Dethklok

Hippopo

?????

Quote from: Hippopo on January 08, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
And there's always philosophy.  giggle;

I keep thinking this has something to do with my post.
Die for Dethklok

Hippopo

silvertone

strongbad

yeah i'm not doing this anymore lol
this was a silly week long revelation

Go Up