What foreign language did you study in high school? And WHY that language?

Started by ncba93ivyase, December 24, 2011, 07:06:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Pick a non-native language

French
9 (37.5%)
German
4 (16.7%)
Spanish
6 (25%)
Italian
1 (4.2%)
Latin
1 (4.2%)
Chinese
1 (4.2%)
Japanese
0 (0%)
English
2 (8.3%)
Other (please specify)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

It seems most people I've associated with, past or present, took French.

Zidone I know took French, Kaz I think took it (I don't talk to you anymore lol), and most of my non-Chinese, non-Japanese real life friends took French. Actually, my Japanese teacher/friend learned French.

french seems to be the language of choice among [glow=black,0,penis]intellectuals[/glow]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

i took 3 spanish classes and 2 german

what high school teaches japanese

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nyerp on December 24, 2011, 07:10:26 AM
i took 3 spanish classes and 2 german

what high school teaches japanese
cities tend to have classes that aren't exclusively european languages

december's school (los angeles) has a chinese class and a lot of schools in pittsburgh teach japanese

i've actually heard of more schools teaching japanese than italian, since the only one i've ever heard about was a neighboring school in tennessee of all places

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

silvertone

ncba93ivyase

Andria

German for three years then I didn't take any language my fourth

silvertone

It was a Tech School or whatever it was called, actually better than all the local high schools :o

Wrench

Spanish for 2 years.

Most important words I've learned: puta and el mericon

silvertone

ME##

Samus Aran

French. Spanish was available, but only through a teacher connected to the school via TV, who was actually hundreds of miles south.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Azunyan on December 24, 2011, 08:46:30 AM
French. Spanish was available, but only through a teacher connected to the school via TV, who was actually hundreds of miles south.
lol what

i don't think you're ever more than a hundred miles from a spanish speaker if you live in any country with a population density over 1/km^2

LCK

My high school only offered Spanish, and all if the rednecks were too proud of merica to learn the language of foreigners. Especially the foreigners that ate taking all their jobs  doodhuh;
They're all dumb as fucking rocks

But yea I excelled in two years of Spanish because its all there was
I took a semester of French in college but the professor was dreadful

PLEASEHELP1991

two semester-years of Latin in high school because it was the only foreign language that would fit my schedule
I love [you]

snoorkel

French because sartre and rimbaud and whatever. I quit after 3 years (including 8th grade which was same school as high school) because the teacher was really awful, though I had the chance to go to France during that time and actually got some use out of what I'd learned.

Quote from: CM Wrench on December 24, 2011, 07:33:48 AM
Spanish for 2 years.

Most important words I've learned: puta and el mericon

most importnt words in spanish i know: chingo de dinero

and cerveza

Go Up