June 30, 2024, 06:55:29 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyrim General -- Fus Roh Dood!

Started by Thyme, November 01, 2011, 11:18:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 04, 2013, 12:38:51 PM
http://www.bethblog.com/2013/03/04/now-on-steam-skyrim-1-9-beta-update/

omg, they got rid of the level cap and made perks resettable

[spoiler]

The downside is that is requires resetting your level 100 skills down to 15. awdood;[/spoiler]

[spoiler=actual dragonborn spoils]being able to reset a skill tree and reattribute the points somewhere else is actually what you get for beating the main quest lol

but the skills of the character i beat it with are perfectly managed so i didn't even do it 5thgrade;[/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 04, 2013, 01:57:05 PM
well currently it's impossible to experiment with all the perks because once you select one it's permanent

the point of the update is to allow you to be able to reset your perks, but at the cost of resetting your level with it (of course you can level up normally after that and get it back to 100 again, but that's time consuming)

i see the point, but i'm not sure i'd ever do it myself, even though i do have a few perks i think i've wasted on things i really didn't need

well the advantage of not being able to reset your perks was that you got to make a new character cry;

Kalahari Inkantation

rofl as if that's ever happening gimpdood;

Kalahari Inkantation

two things i learned yesterday:

-there's a 'wait' function

and particularly embarrassing

-[glow=black,2,300]you have to manually unlock shouts that aren't pertinent to the story[/glow]

i might be cognitively impaired

Nyerp

holy fucking shit tectron you can't be serious

like i'm not even joking, what the fuck

Kalahari Inkantation

I know.  If at some point in the game it tells you that, I must have missed it. smithicide;

i mean i had noticed a while ago that they weren't unlocking themselves like i initially assumed they would, but i use shouts so infrequently that i never bothered to look up exactly how it works until yesterday lol >.<

don't let's

Snowy

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 09, 2013, 01:27:48 PM
two things i learned yesterday:

-there's a 'wait' function

and particularly embarrassing

-[glow=black,2,300]you have to manually unlock shouts that aren't pertinent to the story[/glow]

i might be cognitively impaired
insultdood;

don't let's

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 09, 2013, 02:47:13 PM
I know.  If at some point in the game it tells you that, I must have missed it. smithicide;

i mean i had noticed a while ago that they weren't unlocking themselves like i initially assumed they would, but i use shouts so infrequently that i never bothered to look up exactly how it works until yesterday lol >.<
some tool tips do pop up from time to time, at least early in game when you encounter a new function or something. They should also be listed in a help section somewhere in the settings.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on March 09, 2013, 02:51:50 PM
some tool tips do pop up from time to time, at least early in game when you encounter a new function or something. They should also be listed in a help section somewhere in the settings.

that would be nice, because i'm not going to remember those little tips when i only get my first non-story shout twenty hours later and for some reason it's locked while the story-related ones aren't smithicide;

Kalahari Inkantation

March 09, 2013, 03:01:02 PM #1210 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:07:11 PM by HumuHumu...Tec
on the plus side, i was able to unlock every single one and all the extra words i had because i had about 70 souls at that point sillydood;

what prompted me to look up how to unlock them was actually getting the trophy achievement for finding all 20 shouts, but somehow still being unable to use the majority of them

i'm now only missing three words

ME##

So, how close is Tec to 100%ing this? gonk;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dovydas on March 09, 2013, 03:08:59 PM
So, how close is Tec to 100%ing this? gonk;

i don't think that'll ever happen because there are so many worthless miscellaneous quests, but i do plan on doing to two main quest lines i have left sillydood;

though if by 100%ing you mean obtaining all the achievements, maybe i'll pursue that, but probably not because it'd require returning to much earlier saves for things i've missed or screwed up

[spoiler]

though that's not necessarily too much of a problem since i've kept all 22.7gb, 3100+ of my saves...........[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 09, 2013, 03:14:34 PM
i don't think that'll ever happen because there are so many worthless miscellaneous quests, but i do plan on doing to two main quest lines i have left sillydood;

though if by 100%ing you mean obtaining all the achievements, maybe i'll pursue that, but probably not because it'd require returning to much earlier saves for things i've missed or screwed up

[spoiler]

though that's not necessarily too much of a problem since i've kept all 22.7gb, 3100+ of my saves...........[/spoiler]
so much space being taken up :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

also, what was your total play time again, thyme............

Go Up