April 27, 2024, 03:50:03 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Skyward Sword

Started by Hiro, October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

October 22, 2011, 02:54:16 AM Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:28:40 AM by Hiro
Since we always talk about it in other threads.  baddood;

Holy shit, this is by far the best-looking screenshot of the game so far:

Here's some other nice ones too:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

ITT i still wish my wii worked
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

so far all the npcs look really cool in this game

Classic

I'm actually excited for it.

Wrench

Less than a month to beat Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. And maybe Twilight Princess.

LET THE RACE BEGIN

Hiro

Quote from: CM Wrench on October 22, 2011, 10:20:03 AM
Less than a month to beat Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. And maybe Twilight Princess.

LET THE RACE BEGIN
Yeah I should maybe finish Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask

Patrick Stickles

ugh i get the feeling like this game is going to be golden and i'll be uninterested anyway even though i preordered it
What the fuck was it for anyway?

FAMY2

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 22, 2011, 10:35:12 PM
ugh i get the feeling like this game is going to be golden and i'll be uninterested anyway even though i preordered it

Now that you put it that way maybe this is my problem.  saddood;  No, cause others still hold my interest.

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 24, 2011, 05:14:20 AM
Now that you put it that way maybe this is my problem.  saddood;  No, cause others still hold my interest.

i just can't sit down and play games anymore. i don't know why. i bought super mario sunshine used about three months ago and haven't gotten any more than like 7 shines, when i used to love that game as a kid (i only rented it).

i bought okami off amazon since it was only 20 bucks. i'm hoping i'll get through that.
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Daddy

i wil buy this game, beat it, and never touch my wii again

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on October 26, 2011, 03:05:11 PM
i wil buy this game, beat it, and never touch my wii again

sometimes I beat it to zelda without even touching my wii

Hiro

So it looks like the world map has been shown:
[spoiler=WARNING: ACTUAL POTENTIAL SPOILS][/spoiler]

I was really bewildered by it at first, but once I realized it's going for a more stylized look like Ocarina of Time's map and not an accurate and detailed map like TP's, it makes a lot more sense and worries me a lot less.

[spoiler]Still, I was hoping for something a little bigger. Is this really the whole thing? Only 3 real areas? 2/3 of those things are brown/red, and the water area looks pretty small. Plus I can only pick out like 5 or 6 potential dungeon areas here. And what about the entirety of the sky area? Maybe that will be big and open, something like Wind Waker's ocean.[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on October 31, 2011, 07:36:19 AM
[spoiler]Maybe that's just what they've put out so far. Who knows, it could just be a piece of each area.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]no, they look plenty big enough for each area, it just seems like too few areas total. there's probably a lot of stuff on the sky side of things too though. still, I'm hoping there's maybe 1 or 2 other areas in this game, because it doesn't seem like a whole lot of variety although i suppose it has about as much as most other zeldas[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on October 31, 2011, 08:00:37 AM
[spoiler]Well maybe there'll be little islands in the sky, kind of like the islands in WW. Hopefully each area has sub-areas too, if you know what I mean. I mean they look big I guess, but some different areas would be nice.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]like i said, they look more like oot's map style, so everything is proportioned incorrectly and a lot of the places will be much larger and have a lot more to them than the map lets on
the sky area's supposed to play a big role in the game though, so i'm pretty sure there will be sky-islands and little places to stop and do extra little things up there[/spoiler]

FAMY2

Quote from: Hiroglyph on October 31, 2011, 07:27:12 AM
So it looks like the world map has been shown:
[spoiler=WARNING: ACTUAL POTENTIAL SPOILS][/spoiler]

I was really bewildered by it at first, but once I realized it's going for a more stylized look like Ocarina of Time's map and not an accurate and detailed map like TP's, it makes a lot more sense and worries me a lot less.

[spoiler]Still, I was hoping for something a little bigger. Is this really the whole thing? Only 3 real areas? 2/3 of those things are brown/red, and the water area looks pretty small. Plus I can only pick out like 5 or 6 potential dungeon areas here. And what about the entirety of the sky area? Maybe that will be big and open, something like Wind Waker's ocean.[/spoiler]

I thought some of the other Zeldas were small but was pleasantly surprised how large they were.  Most of the basic ares are there.

Go Up