April 27, 2024, 02:36:22 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

LOL POKEMON

Started by [REDACTED], February 24, 2011, 08:56:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

I'm getting Black because I prefer the city's item and high leveled trainers to the rare pokemon in the forest

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dullahan on February 25, 2011, 04:36:34 PM
The final evolution of the water type doesn't look THAT bad. He learns some pretty decent moves. The fire pig learns the most generic moves it seems.
Alone? No. In the congruency of his line? Yes

Hiro

Quote from: YPR on February 25, 2011, 07:33:28 PM
Alone? No. In the congruency of his line? Yes
I dunno, I get what you mean but I think all 3 levels of the water starter look pretty good. I'll probably go with that one.

crystalpepsi

I love my Black Version.  baddood;

Samus Aran

I'm tempted to get White version, even though I told myself I wouldn't buy any more Pokemans because I know I'll get bored of it after Elite 4. :'(

Hiro

I hope I get White Version for my birthday RUB IT

Dullahan

Have Black version. Pretty decent. I'm more drawn into it than I was with D/P/P. The landscaping is great, and the environment (although doesn't compare to Gold/Silver) is alright.

Some issues I'm finding are the way they fucked around with the battle mechanics. Is it me, OR AM I ALWAYS FUCKING MISSING MY ATTACKS? Seriously, sometimes I have to restart the game to redo TRAINER battles because I can't afford the fucking money to buy more potions and either I manage to miss, or they manage to land five critical hits on me. psyduck;

I'm also not the biggest fan of having two rivals. I'm always approaching them and I don't even have the fourth badge. When it was just one rival, you approached him every once in a while. But here, it seems you approach a rival everytime you enter a new route.

There, however, does seem to be more exploration in the game, which I appreciate. I also favour this monster list over the D/P/P generation (by A LOT, especially because 1/3 of them were evolutions of older guys). As for playing with a friend online, you can use it while your wireless router is set to WPA, whereas before you needed to use WEP, which is awesome. Despite the graphics being somewhat relevant to D/P/P, the music is a lot better than the fourth and third generation games.

All in all, I can say it's a game worth playing. I've been avoiding Pokemon games for years and I decided to try this one out and I enjoy it. happydood;

Dullahan

And for those who are wondering, my final team so far consists of Servine and Pelpitoad. Pelpitoad is a boss. hocuspocus;

[REDACTED]

gigalith, stoutland, and serperior for the win.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

ME##

I sort of want to try it, from what I've been looking up online, it seems to be really good.  Hnnnnng.

Thyme

Quote from: Hurluberlu on March 09, 2011, 10:45:52 PM
I sort of want to try it, from what I've been looking up online, it seems to be really good.  Hnnnnng.

watching kaz play pokémon red makes me want to get it too smithidice;

Classic

[REDACTED]

Quote from: Hurluberlu on March 09, 2011, 10:45:52 PM
told ya so
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Commander Fuckass

idk what to think about it
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Dullahan

Quote from: steal on March 09, 2011, 10:10:26 PM
i believe that's just you, although the game is a little more difficult than the last ones. Also, the experience is set to a curve so that it's easier to grind up from being out leveled, but as soon as you out level things you're fighting, you gain less experience from them, so that keeps the pacing relatively challenging throughout the game.

but ya black and white are the shit basically, best gen in a long time.
True. I have noticed the increase of challenge. But it's also as if they want you to pull your hair out. I'm fighting guys that are roughly the same level as me and every single one of their hits are criticals. They keep owning my team with those. Am I just unlucky as far as those go? :(

Go Up