October 04, 2024, 04:29:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Comfortably gum

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, January 11, 2011, 09:48:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It’s been a pretty productive winter break for me so far, and with a few weeks left, I have only high hopes for the second half.

And I actually mean productive in the true blue sense of the word. I painted and re-carpeted my apartment, fixed my vehicle and re-rekindled my almost forgotten obsession with the cosmos. Winter’s a great time for looking up, minus the condensation on the scope lenses.

So, you can understand my contented nature and generally bright disposition, something that I was actually waking up with even though my sleep schedule is several shades of gray below what normal people would call adequate.

I’m abnormal.  Maybe in more ways than two.

Having finished my last venture, and deciding not to let myself dissolve into sludgy atrophy between work and the nothing else I have scheduled, I set out to continue to keep myself on my feet and run to the university to settle some financial issues.

I’m in the line, with a check in my hand when a few friends from one of my former classes shows up. There’s the usual bullshittery. Simple catch up, as if a few weeks has been an eternity and everyone’s life is drastically changed and “how are you” and “I’m good, thanks”.

Done. So they mention off-hand that a band is playing at a local bar, and of course I’d be happy to show up.

The band isn’t bad, and the drinks are flowing in the right direction, and I feel just fine. And there’s people there that I haven’t seen in years and it’s great catching up and then a shot glass flies over some guy’s head next to me.

There’s a tiny sound as the glass hits the wall and drops on a table, startling the sitters as the piece falls directly into the middle of the pizza (bar food, hghjf) they were eating. There’s some pushing and shoving as the pizza eaters were scoping out the thrower, a young woman in a pink dress, as if she’d just come from homecoming or something.

And it was kind of surreal, I dont know what or why, but the scene was something from a film or a painting not yet painted . On one side there’s a handful of burly mustached  
tough guys, and the other, a blurry eyed prom queen and her cohorts, distressed enough to lodge a shot glass through the air. And the music, quiet, but menacing mellow rock that was the perfect backdrop to a mismatched confrontation, an unnecessarily dramatic standoff that could have been so much better without the dialogue which was the usual and expected word trash that anyone can pick up and throw out of the nearest verbal dumpster. (runon)

And the feeling of being part of something weird vanished, and all that was left was the irritating back IN POG FORM and forth.

So I left.

And that's it.

Travis

Nyerp

was alf there

was he playing in the band

Selkie

wait, can your repeat that?

ikanaide

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Selkie on January 11, 2011, 10:01:50 PM
wait, can your repeat that?

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bar blah blah blah blahlblah

Selkie

Quote from: Chemical Zen on January 11, 2011, 10:30:35 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bar blah blah blah blahlblah

Blah???? Blah blah blaaaahhh blah!!!!! Blah blah ;)

Hiro

Every time you post one of these, I have nothing to say but how awesome you are.  cjlubdoods;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2011, 12:47:31 AM
Every time you post one of these, I have nothing to say but how awesome you are.  cjlubdoods;

Every time I post one of these, I have nothing to say.
doodhuh;

Socks

if you call it a 'these' then you need more of them.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Socks

January 12, 2011, 07:30:59 PM #11 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:34:20 PM by Socks
i meant the ones awed, by something so casual, which is all around. the poet merits praise, when he turns an artist, only after beauty, that bore him such marvel.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I think there's a lot of merit to being impressed and open to process simple, everyday experiences in novel and unique ways. People constantly spout about the need to "take note of the little things", but it's rarely done to any extent if ever.

Socks

oh i agree, trust me, beauty is truth and truth is beauty, after all. it's not my experience to ignore the slightest touch of either, no matter where it falls. it's why i'm dismayed, a bit, when i see such a reaction to your little notices, for how still the air of some must be, if it needs to be stirred by that of yours. this says nothing of the merit you deserve for prose and perception, it simply speaks volumes about that of others.

Nyerp

hi im socks and im better than u all

Go Up