May 23, 2024, 09:29:28 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FAVORITE RARE GAMES?

Started by Geno, July 09, 2008, 02:46:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

WHICH THREE ARE YOUR FAVORITE?

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Battletoads
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Conker's Pocket Tales
Donkey Kong Country Series
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
GoldenEye 007
Jet force Gemeni
Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark
Sabre Wulf
Viva Pinata
Other because I'm a faggot and like to play shitty NES and Gameboy games
Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on January 11, 2011, 04:51:06 PM
your phrasing didn't seem like you were comparing it to anything, just that it plain sucked

...which is exactly what you said

but whatevs 5thgrade;

well i was exaggerating, it doesn't suck, it's just nothing special if you ask me...especially, again, compared to dkc1 and 2.

note that i like to pretend that dkc3 doesn't exist. 5thgrade;

Thyme

Quote from: Yin on January 11, 2011, 04:52:18 PM
note that i like to pretend that dkc3 doesn't exist. 5thgrade;

which is a silly thing to do since it's a great game 5thgrade;

Nyerp

Quote from: Thyme on January 11, 2011, 04:53:13 PM
which is a silly thing to do since it's a great game 5thgrade;

this; it's just a tiny step below the first two

Samus Aran

i don't think it's a tiny step. i still like the game, i just think the soundtrack is boring, kiddy kong is atrocious, the new monikers the characters have are boring (funky is now a greasemonkey? lame.), and i dunno, overall it just seems like they were trying to make something in between 1 and 2, and it came out all awkward. like, not quite as subdued and ambient as dkc1, and not quite as bombastic as 2.

also, ellie is a dumb animal buddy.

HuntMac

Sounds like Yin has fallen to his own statement about everyone growing up on the N64 and thus being Nostalgic to that. Sounds like you, sir, are a SNES nostalgic. Rather than going on a long 'rant' on almost every point you have made, I will just laugh and settle with you trying to be a troll :P Which, I know, is not the case.

And before I possibly recieve a pissy reply, I will just make one point, everything that made you complain/make your statement on these "kids" with the N64, you just did/made it sound with the SNES cause that's what you grew up on. Get somebody that was born in 82 and I'm sure he would be doing the same thing with the NES.

Nyerp

cool story but dk64 still sux

HuntMac

I wasn't necessarily building a point on making DK64 look like a better game than stated, just pointing out his statement of "It has nothing on the first two DKC's cause those are CLASSICS!"

I wouldn't doubt it if in the next 5 years you have people (now being our age group) saying how Donkey Kong Country Returns sucks and DK64 is a classic.

Thyme

Samus Aran

Quote from: HuntMac on January 11, 2011, 07:14:18 PM
Sounds like Yin has fallen to his own statement about everyone growing up on the N64 and thus being Nostalgic to that. Sounds like you, sir, are a SNES nostalgic. Rather than going on a long 'rant' on almost every point you have made, I will just laugh and settle with you trying to be a troll :P Which, I know, is not the case.

And before I possibly recieve a pissy reply, I will just make one point, everything that made you complain/make your statement on these "kids" with the N64, you just did/made it sound with the SNES cause that's what you grew up on. Get somebody that was born in 82 and I'm sure he would be doing the same thing with the NES.

Trust me, I'm not trolling. Honest opinions here, bro. I'm not "nostalgic." I never had a space of time where I wasn't still playing my old games. I have all my old consoles, and all my old games, and the good ones are still good, and the bad ones are still bad. Simple as that.

You're new here, so you don't know me very well. That's why I'm letting you get away with your baseless assumptions lightly.

"Classic" means nothing to me, by the way. They're amazing because they're amazing games, not because of how old they are or some dumb shit like that. I never even used the word classic, nor did I ever try to use anything like that as an argument.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Panty on January 11, 2011, 07:17:39 PM
cool story but dk64 still sux

oh it doesn't SUCK, it's just not as good as it could've been

HuntMac

Well, I respect you going "lightly" on me, and allowing me to not read a more lenghtly post of the same assumptions :)

So here's to good ass games  n_n

Go Up