June 25, 2024, 04:54:43 PM

1,531,273 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Animu Thread

Started by Samus Aran, November 12, 2010, 03:42:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

I think part of the not liking the dub thing just depends on wether you see the dub or sub first.  Because whichever voices you hear first sort of get imprinted. Though this ain't true all the time.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Banned on May 15, 2011, 05:44:50 PM
I think part of the not liking the dub thing just depends on wether you see the dub or sub first.  Because whichever voices you hear first sort of get imprinted. Though this ain't true all the time.

Yep, I watched Death Note in subs completely as it was trickling out  before watching the dub when it came out in the US, still prefer the dub.

Also anime recommendation:
I heard someone wanted something sports related so I'd go for Hajime No Ippo (Fighting Spirit), pretty awesome.

burzumfan420

what baout prince of tennis lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Banned on May 15, 2011, 05:44:50 PM

i think that's only true for me with Evangelion, because even though the sub is probably technically "better," i always watch it dubbed just because...well, i just do because i always have.

Nyerp

i find it harder to watch the dub of a show that is really japanese or has a lot to do with japanese culture

Insani

Quote from: Tomoyo on May 15, 2011, 05:36:23 PM
so you'd rather have annoying no-talent english voice actors paid with peanuts by greedy localization companies? 5thgrade;

Some of the voices are actually quite good. doodhuh;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Insani on May 15, 2011, 07:43:25 PM
Some of the voices are actually quite good. doodhuh;

some - not most

but you don't seem to watch hardly any anime anyway so i guess it doesn't matter much for you

Insani

Quote from: Tomoyo on May 15, 2011, 08:14:02 PM
some - not most

but you don't seem to watch hardly any anime anyway so i guess it doesn't matter much for you

I used to a lot but not anymore.  :(

ikanaide

death note english is hard but never give up!

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

uh...

sports related annie may...

uh...

Ultimate Muscle.

Also, I watched this movie called Summer Wars. It was ok. About some guy who accidentally unleashes a virus on the huge virtual world that japan uses to do stuff. Yep. Wasn't bad, probably won't watch it again though.

Samus Aran

i've kinda been wanting to see Summer Wars simply because it's by the guy who made Girl Who Leapt Through Time

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Tomoyo on May 17, 2011, 06:41:10 AM
i've kinda been wanting to see Summer Wars simply because it's by the guy who made Girl Who Leapt Through Time
I haven't seen that one. My girlfriend saw it because there is some sort of connection to the people who did it and that cat movie that Miyazaki did or whatever. I kind of want to see it, but I wasn't too impressed with Summer Wars so I don't know what to do.

don't let's

Summer Wars reminds me of the Digimon movie and I liked it well enough.

don't let's

Here's a couple good sites for episode summaries, Random Curiosity in particular

http://randomc.net/
http://kurogane.animeblogger.net/

Nyerp

i just watched panty & stocking in sanitary box...

nothing in the series really grossed me out, but that was just offensively awful

what the fuck gainax

Go Up