June 28, 2024, 12:28:10 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Animu Thread

Started by Samus Aran, November 12, 2010, 03:42:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

May 15, 2011, 08:44:07 AM #210 Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:50:14 AM by KonohaShinobi
Quote from: Tomoyo on April 12, 2011, 12:27:45 AM
first episode impressions of Bakemonogatari: this shit is weird, but interesting. i honestly don't understand what's going on at all yet, lol. but it's interesting, as i said...and absolutely beautiful to look at. shaft is such a great studio.

I started watching it the season it released, I was kinda hyped for it.
Then
I dropped it after the 3rd episode, it does look nice, sounds amazing, but that story is so meh.

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 15, 2011, 08:44:07 AM
I dropped it after the 3rd episode, it does look nice, sounds amazing, but that story is so meh.

the "story" is that Araragi meets possessed/haunted/supernatural-in-some-way girls and tries to help them, meanwhile he talks a lot with them in the weirdest ways and gets verbally abused by Senjougahara (sp?)

if you wanted an anime that focused on story you looked in the wrong place - that's not what this anime is really all about

if anything i love it for the bizarre yet never dull conversations and relations between Araragi and the other characters

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Tomoyo on March 19, 2011, 06:30:28 PM
like death note? lol

trust me bro there is way better stuff out there than death note. but uh, your criteria is pretty vague. if you want stuff that's kinda supernatural and dark and weird like death note (but less shounen), you could go with like...paranoia agent maybe.

in fact, you know what? just watch paranoia agent. be gone with you.

Why would you not recommend it, when there is MUCH MUCH worse than Death Note, especially since Death Note is one of the best, even greater for entry level fans of anime, there's not a ton of visual rhetoric but you can go deeper on a 2nd or 3rd viewing, it's definitely worth more than 1 look.

Quote from: Tomoyo on April 28, 2011, 06:48:53 PM
i only like a few animes dubbed

cowboy bebop
trigun
beck
ghost in the shell s.a.c
evangelion (though this is not that great of one)

and then of course most of the best anime films are also great dubbed, especially miyazaki ones, what with the high budgets and all

Death Note's dub is better than it's original Japanese voices, and Yu Yu Hakusho's dub is fantastic. And FullMetal Alchemist dub is cool.

And Big O should ONLY be watched in dub, since it's so heavily western influenced and the VAs are phenomenal.

Insani

I haven't watched a lot of anime in the past months, kinda quit in late 2010. Watched a bit of Bleach lately (tried to rewatch) but eventually lost interest again.  doodhuh;

Nyerp

of all anime to try to watch why would you try bleach

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 15, 2011, 08:59:16 AM
Why would you not recommend it, when there is MUCH MUCH worse than Death Note, especially since Death Note is one of the best, even greater for entry level fans of anime, there's not a ton of visual rhetoric but you can go deeper on a 2nd or 3rd viewing, it's definitely worth more than 1 look.
Death Note's dub is better than it's original Japanese voices, and Yu Yu Hakusho's dub is fantastic. And FullMetal Alchemist dub is cool.

because my recommendations are based on my personal opinion and in my personal opinion death note is nothing special

why do you keep bringing death note up over and over? jeez.

Insani

Quote from: Yusuke on May 15, 2011, 09:06:41 AM
of all anime to try to watch why would you try bleach

I was just rewatching it.

I wasn't trying it, I had already tried it. giggle;

But yes I am a massive homosexual for watching it I guess.

I've been a massive homosexual ever since I watched 200 episodes of Naruto before realizing how gay it was. saddood;

edit: Also Death Note was my first anime.  doodhuh;

ikanaide

maybe dub is better for you

for me it is weird

Insani

Quote from: jCandy on May 15, 2011, 09:31:13 AM
maybe dub is better for you

for me it is weird

I always watch dubs, call me a massive homo now. :(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Insani on May 15, 2011, 09:40:51 AM
I always watch dubs, call me a massive homo now. :(

well you certainly deserve it for that

Andria

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 15, 2011, 08:59:16 AM

And Big O should ONLY be watched in dub, since it's so heavily western influenced and the VAs are phenomenal.

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT
akudood;

I am not a huge Death Note fan but the dubs are NOT better than the original japanese

Not by a LONG shot  akudood;

ikanaide

Insani

Quote from: Chandelure on May 15, 2011, 10:58:06 AM
WHAT

WHAT

WHAT
akudood;

I am not a huge Death Note fan but the dubs are NOT better than the original japanese

Not by a LONG shot  akudood;

I've always found movies / shows annoying if they make me have to read the subtitles to understand what everyone's saying.

Yes, I am quite ashamed of myself. Reichdood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Insani on May 15, 2011, 05:27:48 PM
I've always found movies / shows annoying if they make me have to read the subtitles to understand what everyone's saying.

get out

Samus Aran

Quote from: Insani on May 15, 2011, 05:27:48 PM

so you'd rather have annoying no-talent english voice actors paid with peanuts by greedy localization companies? 5thgrade;

Go Up