September 20, 2024, 08:28:57 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Help me choose major

Started by Selkie, October 21, 2010, 12:18:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

halp

English & Political Science
1 (16.7%)
Adolescent Social Studies ed. & Political Science
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Go Down

Selkie

I want to do Political Science, but I also want to leave the door open to be able to become a teacher, because I have always kind of wanted to do that, and want to be able to if I decide to.

Now, if I do the dual major in Soc. Stu. Ed. and Political Science, I will only be able to be a government teacher or like a 7th grade social studies teacher. And I will have to go back to college to get my masters anyway.

Now, if I do English and Poli. sci., I can do that, then just go to grad school and get certified to teach and get my masters at the same time. Then I will be able to be an english teacher, which I feel are many more openings for in general.

So, wat do I do

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on October 21, 2010, 12:18:49 PM
Now, if I do English and Poli. sci., I can do that, then just go to grad school and get certified to teach and get my masters at the same time. Then I will be able to be an english teacher, which I feel are many more openings for in general.

So, wat do I do

this is a good idea, but it doesn't necessarily have to be english. either way, it's basically what i'm doing. bfa first, then teaching license and master's somewhere else.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Major in PAIN

Or you could just pick one of those. Actually, I find it's better to ask as few people as possible because everyone has some shitty pseudo opinion on the matter and it ends up just confusing you more until you just decide to drop out and end up selling some kind of topical cream door to door for the next few years until you find something else.

Degrees like that are about as flexible as a lithe czech circus gymnast anyways. Just do what you think you'll like, and things will pass and pass again.

Happy hunting.

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Those who can't do, teach.

Or

Those who don't feel like doing, teach.

Or

Those who once did, but don't do anymore, teach.

Nyerp

YPrrrr

The social studies education thing seems worthless to me, just get your master's in political science instead.
Quote from: Fandango on October 21, 2010, 12:39:47 PM
Those who don't feel like doing, teach.
Unfortunately of all the things I don't feel like doing, teaching's probably number one n_u

Samus Aran

for the record, both english and political science are very good choices for those who want to keep a lot of options open

so i'd have to agree with ypr not to choose social whatever

ME##

Quote from: YPR on October 21, 2010, 12:50:48 PM
Unfortunately of all the things I don't feel like doing, teaching's probably number fuck n_u

THIS THIS THIS.  Wanting to be a teacher is just weird. myface;

ikanaide

Travis

those who can't teach, teach gym

FAMY2

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on October 21, 2010, 12:53:18 PM
THIS THIS THIS.  Wanting to be a teacher is just weird. myface;

NO NO NO. WANTING TO BE A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IS.    n_u

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 21, 2010, 01:51:07 PM
NO NO NO. WANTING TO BE A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER IS.    n_u

I doubt anyone aspires to be a school bus driver, when they have options.

FAMY2

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on October 21, 2010, 02:21:55 PM
I doubt anyone aspires to be a school bus driver, when they have options.

My point is ...   n_u

Go Up