September 19, 2024, 03:05:57 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

iphonez

Started by snoorkel, October 06, 2010, 01:40:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snoorkel

I finally got an iPhone 4 yesterday, it's very fast. Now I can have 30gb of music on me (a decent quarter of my library).

I listed my old janky 3G on eBay (no 3G chip, almost no headphones work, touch response is failing in places) for $175 and it sold within 20 minutes, which I find weird since I had it listed last month for $15-20 more, and it only got 1 watcher in 7 days.

Also can anyone point to info for jailbreaking iPhone 4s? I don't even know if it's possible but I need some VNC and openSSH apps which I can't imagine would be convenient to do through the AppStore

?????

What firmware does your phone have?

btw shouldn't this go in the tech support board?
Die for Dethklok

[REDACTED]

Quote from: TheSequel on October 06, 2010, 05:07:28 PM
btw shouldn't this go in the tech support board?
doesn't snorkel own this site
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

?????

Quote from: Quis sum? on October 06, 2010, 05:15:25 PM
doesn't snorkel own this site
I think he owns the server and the site is technically JMV's
Die for Dethklok

snoorkel

Quote from: TheSequel on October 06, 2010, 05:07:28 PM
What firmware does your phone have?

4.0 I think

Quote from: TheSequel on October 06, 2010, 05:16:26 PM
I think he owns the server and the site is technically JMV's

more relevant, I'm an admin and have unknowable logic about which board a thread should be in

sans culottes

i can't afford an iphone, LOL
I support BUSH

?????

Quote from: wziard on October 06, 2010, 10:02:37 PM
4.0 I think
Visit http://jailbreakme.com from your iPhone. The site only works for firmwares up to 4.0.1, so if it doesn't work then your firmware is too new.
Die for Dethklok

burzumfan420

why do they clal it jailbreaking it makes seem like some sinful shit.

?????

Quote from: burzumfan420 on October 08, 2010, 09:15:25 AM
why do they clal it jailbreaking it makes seem like some sinful shit.
Because your iPhone is "jailed" in the sense that you can only install apps from Apple's App Store and they don't allow certain apps.
Die for Dethklok

burzumfan420

they do it for the good of the user since people are retarded

applesauce

My iphone is shit. The screen is shattered, the touch unresponsive in the upper righthand corner, the home button broken (!!), the backside cracked, the volume rocker missing, the headphone jack only plays left ear, the vibrate switch doesn't work, the back pops off the edge of the screen every couple days and needs to be put back on. Oh, and it's a 3G still running iOS 2.something. bassir;

Nyerp

Quote from: applesauce on October 09, 2010, 01:03:08 AM
My iphone is shit. The screen is shattered, the touch unresponsive in the upper righthand corner, the home button broken (!!), the backside cracked, the volume rocker missing, the headphone jack only plays left ear, the vibrate switch doesn't work, the back pops off the edge of the screen every couple days and needs to be put back on. Oh, and it's a 3G still running iOS 2.something. bassir;

you probably dropped it a lot didn't you

applesauce

?????

btw wziard if jailbreakme didn't work just google "iOS_firmware jailbreak"
Die for Dethklok

[REDACTED]

today, i went to the uptown apple store and they ran out of replacement iphones ;-;
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

Go Up