September 24, 2024, 02:28:13 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Help me name my videogame site

Started by strongbad, September 06, 2010, 08:25:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on September 07, 2010, 01:15:55 AM
holy shit strongbad if you need articles/essays/whatever on retro games i am your fuckin' MAN i would love to do that sort of thing

also hiro stole my idea of using "vector" in the title
sorry  :3   maybe you can find a better usage of it
Also I might want to write as well

strongbad

September 07, 2010, 02:19:26 AM #31 Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:23:21 AM by Strongbob
holy shit strongbad if you need articles/essays/whatever on retro games i am your fuckin' MAN i would love to do that sort of thing

also hiro stole my idea of using "vector" in the title

That would be fucking awesome. My friend is really into indie games and shit like that, so he's going to be our "indie guy" and you could definitely be our "retro guy." Lol I don't know anyone better suited for the job.

Also vectorsquid y/n
I WANT A LOGO WITH AN 8-BIT SQUID IT WOULD BE SO COOL ON A T-SHIRT

ALSO
if anybody is good with css or whatever wordpress uses and wants to help me out, it would be fucking awesome

Hiro

Quote from: Strongbob on September 07, 2010, 02:19:26 AM
That would be fucking awesome. My friend is really into indie games and shit like that, so he's going to be our "indie guy" and you could definitely be our "retro guy." Lol I don't know anyone better suited for the job.

Also vectorsquid y/n
I WANT A LOGO WITH AN 8-BIT SQUID IT WOULD BE SO COOL ON A T-SHIRT

ALSO
if anybody is good with css or whatever wordpress uses and wants to help me out, it would be fucking awesome
vectorsquid is very good, I like octari a bit too thumbup;
I could maybe help with the logo a little bit, but for the website design you should ask snorkel   baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on September 07, 2010, 02:55:29 AM
vectorsquid is very good, I like octari a bit too thumbup;
I could maybe help with the logo a little bit, but for the website design you should ask snorkel   baddood;
I actually like octari a lot too.
Okay my favorites so far are:
Octari
Vectorsquid
Prosquid

I'll run them by my friend tomorrow. Shit, that's a great idea, maybe I can get a friends and family discount or something. This site is going to be like 70% boyagers lol

KonohaShinobi

I can totally see you doing this, and there would always be a place for it.

Out of all 3 choices, prosquid is the only one with 2 syllables, so it'd be easiest to remember. And it's easiest to spell, vector isn't in everyone's vocabulary naturally and Octari is really obscure.

Do the other people who are working with you have boyah accounts? Or hell, an AIM (steam?) or something, I wouldn't mind talking to them, getting a feel for their personalities, what they like etc.

Wrench

Quote from: Strongbob on September 07, 2010, 03:11:33 AM
I actually like octari a lot too.
Okay my favorites so far are:
Octari
Vectorsquid
Prosquid

I'll run them by my friend tomorrow. Shit, that's a great idea, maybe I can get a friends and family discount or something. This site is going to be like 70% boyagers lol

OCTARI

do it faggot

squidarama

Cookie

I'd be down for reviewing or writing an article of some sort.

Thyme

I still really like squidopoly/squidopolis. :'(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Strongbob on September 07, 2010, 02:19:26 AM

Awesome, I look forward to contributing whatever I can. Just let me know when, and a general idea of what you'd like to start out with as far as length/content type (humor, etc.) goes.

Nyerp

strongbad

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on September 07, 2010, 03:50:58 AM
I can totally see you doing this, and there would always be a place for it.

Out of all 3 choices, prosquid is the only one with 2 syllables, so it'd be easiest to remember. And it's easiest to spell, vector isn't in everyone's vocabulary naturally and Octari is really obscure.

Do the other people who are working with you have boyah accounts? Or hell, an AIM (steam?) or something, I wouldn't mind talking to them, getting a feel for their personalities, what they like etc.

Yeah the only thing is that Prosquid and Octari for that matter are both already taken names on Twitter, which according to my friend who I'm doing this with, is a must (he's a huge twitter fag lol) so idk I'll be hanging with him tonight.
Yeah he has AIM and MSNM, if you're interested once we get past the name (lol) I'll give out contact info.

But the response for this is pretty awesome, I'm surprised so many people want to write and be a part of this. Once I get the name figured out, I'll send out a PM to everybody interested and maybe work out a schedule of submitting a minimum of one article a week if you want to be a submitter, and anything less than that would be more of a guest thing I guess. But yeah I'll keep you guys updated, I'm so pumped about this right now giggle;

Mando Pandango

Tell your friend that Twitter sucks and it's pointless, because it's true. Then set up a Facebook fan page.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

If we're regular writers could this theoretically get us press passes into various conventions as well  baddood;

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 07, 2010, 01:17:18 PM
Tell your friend that Twitter sucks and it's pointless, because it's true. Then set up a Facebook fan page.
I somewhat agree with this.  baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 07, 2010, 01:17:18 PM

While I agree, it is really beneficial for websites to have one. But I guess we could always make @prosquidgaming or something.

Thyme

Go Up