June 07, 2024, 02:41:45 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

steam on mac

Started by snorkel, April 28, 2010, 11:58:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

who else is excited? I can't wait for source games in openGL

?????

STEAM ON LINUX WHO ELSE IS EXCITED

LINUX LINUX LINUX

Hang on... open source games? I didn't think the games were going to be open source. Where is your source?
Die for Dethklok

ME##

snorkel

Quote from: TheSequel on April 29, 2010, 12:13:29 AM
STEAM ON LINUX WHO ELSE IS EXCITED

LINUX LINUX LINUX

Hang on... open source games? I didn't think the games were going to be open source. Where is your source?

I meant Source engine games running in OpenGL, the equivalent of DirectX in an OS X environment

?????

Quote from: wziard on April 29, 2010, 04:27:21 PM
I meant Source engine games running in OpenGL, the equivalent of DirectX in an OS X environment
Oh yeah. By the way, what makes you choose OS X over a Linux distro?

Personally, the only thing that would persuade me is iPod/iPhone/iPad compatibility. Though I think my 2G Touch can be sync'd with Linux now.
Die for Dethklok

snorkel

Quote from: TheSequel on April 29, 2010, 07:23:13 PM
Oh yeah. By the way, what makes you choose OS X over a Linux distro?

Personally, the only thing that would persuade me is iPod/iPhone/iPad compatibility. Though I think my 2G Touch can be sync'd with Linux now.

apps, I can't use wonderful things like CS4 and Transmission and iTunes and Aperture and Mail.app on a Linux distro. I'm aware alternatives (and WINE/other such things) exist but I'm not interested in switching because OS X is perfectly stable and aesthetically pleasing and has lots of small details that make me like it much more than Ubuntu or Fedora (the only ones I'd consider using for a desktop pc) for use as a 24/7 internet/media machine

strongbad

Quote from: wziard on April 29, 2010, 09:46:00 PM
apps, I can't use wonderful things like CS4 and Transmission and iTunes and Aperture and Mail.app on a Linux distro. I'm aware alternatives (and WINE/other such things) exist but I'm not interested in switching because OS X is perfectly stable and aesthetically pleasing and has lots of small details that make me like it much more than Ubuntu or Fedora (the only ones I'd consider using for a desktop pc) for use as a 24/7 internet/media machine

YES YOU CAN akudood;

?????

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 29, 2010, 10:13:15 PM
YES YOU CAN akudood;
I think he means the apps he wants to run can run natively in OS X.

As for OS X being aesthetically pleasing, it's not to hard to customize the way a Linux distro looks.
Die for Dethklok

strongbad

Quote from: TheSequel on April 29, 2010, 10:17:50 PM
I think he means the apps he wants to run can run natively in OS X.

You can run transmission natively in OS X

C.Mongler

Anyway, I am too excite. Hopefully the graphics will be able to look spiffy, otherwise I'll just stick to bootcamp. Though bootcamp makes my CPU catch on fire, its worth it sometimes.

Sam

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Daddy

You can also install most linux apps on os x since it can easily compile the source

It can't run on my laptop fucking steam won't let it;_;

integrated graphics aren't good enough for them. akudood;

?????

Quote from: StrongBad007 on April 29, 2010, 10:25:30 PM
You can run transmission natively in OS X
That's only one app. There are other BitTorrent clients out there anyway.
Die for Dethklok

snorkel

okay so it came out

it's not very good yet (I hate the client) and Portal is the only thing worth playing so far

Daddy

Quote from: wziard on May 24, 2010, 07:38:28 PM
okay so it came out

it's not very good yet (I hate the client) and Portal is the only thing worth playing so far
altitude is awesome

Go Up