May 23, 2024, 06:29:22 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Movies

Started by Hiro, November 17, 2009, 02:08:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Pokemovies

1st Movie was good, 2000 sucked
0 (0%)
2000 was good, 1st movie sucked
0 (0%)
Both were good
3 (42.9%)
Both sucked
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: Hïro on November 17, 2009, 02:56:43 PM
I rewatched the Power Rangers movie and it didn't ruin my childhood  akudood;

I blame Ivan Ooze for being such an awesome character. hocuspocus;

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 17, 2009, 05:19:40 PM
uh if you're talking about the games, d/p didn't suck, they were still great games even if the series is getting tiring, but that has nothing to do with the show at all

back when the game series was "good" by pretty everyone's standards, at gold/silver, the anime (get this!) sucked

the anime always sucked, the movies always sucked, nothing will change that ever ever ever
d/p did suck, and not just because they followed the same forula
Team Galactic was dumb, the majority of the new Pokemon were shit, there was too many legendaries, and the game was way way too easy and dull until the Elite Four, when it suddenly jumped up to normal difficulty.  baddood;
Also, while I agree that the show sucks, (even when the games were good) the show will always suck if there's no good games to build it off, while the show would at least have the potential to be good if the games maintain quality.
Still, I think a reboot would be a good idea.  baddood;
Also, the anime 1st season of the anime was actually decent, although it steadily got worse sucked by the end of it.

Andria

Ummm the games were never good to base an anime off of. The story telling in them is pretty much the bare minimum.

There were a lot of legendaries but that doesnt' mean you have to deal with them in the movies and some were kinda cool.

Hiro

Quote from: Echo on November 18, 2009, 08:47:31 AM
Ummm the games were never good to base an anime off of. The story telling in them is pretty much the bare minimum.

There were a lot of legendaries but that doesnt' mean you have to deal with them in the movies and some were kinda cool.
All the movies are based around a legendary  baddood;

I'm not saying they have to use the story from the games, but the games are always the starting point for the anime.

Andria

Maybe that is the problem the fact they base them completely around the legendaries. I'd go for a normal pokemon movie that is just about them traveling around getting gym badges and stuff.

Hiro

Quote from: Echo on November 18, 2009, 08:53:26 AM
Maybe that is the problem the fact they base them completely around the legendaries. I'd go for a normal pokemon movie that is just about them traveling around getting gym badges and stuff.
That sounds pretty good, but that's what the anime is for  akudood;

Geno

Did you know Ho-oh was in the first episode of pokemon
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Andria

Quote from: Hïro on November 18, 2009, 08:54:14 AM
That sounds pretty good, but that's what the anime is for  akudood;

Yea but they drag it on wayy too much in the anime

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on November 18, 2009, 08:42:35 AM
d/p did suck, and not just because they followed the same forula
Team Galactic was dumb, the majority of the new Pokemon were shit, there was too many legendaries, and the game was way way too easy and dull until the Elite Four, when it suddenly jumped up to normal difficulty.  baddood;
Also, while I agree that the show sucks, (even when the games were good) the show will always suck if there's no good games to build it off, while the show would at least have the potential to be good if the games maintain quality.
Still, I think a reboot would be a good idea.  baddood;
Also, the anime 1st season of the anime was actually decent, although it steadily got worse sucked by the end of it.

team rocket wasn't any less dumb, really, and they were even more ambiguous and had no real reason to be doing what they were doing other than "uh we're crooks"

red/blue had 5 legendaries. gold/silver had 6. every game has had too many legendaries. it's nothing new.

all the games are easy as hell doodthing;

i think you're letting nostalgia get the better of you because you're not really naming any actual reasons that d/p is a step down. you should've named things like the fact that so many pokemon are now impossible to get, there's a lot of retarded new moves, etc.

but yeah, again, nothing to do with the show, which, again, has always sucked and will always suck

again again, same goes for the movies

and geno, everyone fucking knows that

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 19, 2009, 05:21:36 AM
red/blue had 5 legendaries. gold/silver had 6. every game has had too many legendaries. it's nothing new.
D/P has FOURTEEN  akudood;

all the games are easy as hell doodthing;
R/S is definitely much hard than D/P.

i think you're letting nostalgia get the better of you because you're not really naming any actual reasons that d/p is a step down. you should've named things like the fact that so many pokemon are now impossible to get, there's a lot of retarded new moves, etc.
TOO MANY LEGENDARIES
A lot of the pokemon are really dull and uncreative
The gym leaders are way too easy this time around. I made it all the way to the Elite Four with the same team of 6 I started with, levels 42, 38, 34, 28, 20 and 18.  doodthing;
Movies are retarded, but that has nothing to do with the game.

but yeah, again, nothing to do with the show, which, again, has always sucked and will always suck

again again, same goes for the movies
Like I said, the 1st season actually started out okay, and was shitty by the end of it. It was horrible all the way from season 2.
Movie have always sucked too, but I still want to see the 1st one again.

Samus Aran

i said moves, not movies doodthing;

Travis

jesus christ hiro you're such a queer

Nyerp

looks like team rocket's blasting off again

the shortest route to the sea

I think I watched the Cartoon Network premiere of the 12th movie. 12th movie! About dialga or something.

I hate babysitting sometimes.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up