June 16, 2024, 04:52:02 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Movies

Started by Hiro, November 17, 2009, 02:08:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Pokemovies

1st Movie was good, 2000 sucked
0 (0%)
2000 was good, 1st movie sucked
0 (0%)
Both were good
3 (42.9%)
Both sucked
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Hiro

I want the 1st one on DVD, and maybe the 2nd one. Was the 2nd one any good? All I remember was an airship and a talking Slowking.  baddood;

btw jmv you need to work some stuff out with this rank powerofone;

YPrrrr

Other than for just nostalgic purposes, both were awful

rdl

yeah, are you kidding? they were both terrible. i mean i loved them both at the time and ash being a stonified most likely made me cry. i know i at least teared up. but do you seriously want to ruin those childhood memories by watching them again?

The artist formally known

Hiro

I removed 2000 from my list but I still want to watch the 1st one again.  baddood;

I rewatched the Power Rangers movie and it didn't ruin my childhood  akudood;

sans culottes

They were amazing when they came out, but we were kids and it was the fad of the day, so of course we loved them. If you ignore the fact that Pokemon is a major part of our childhoods and look at it from a grown up perspective, they're horrible movies.
I support BUSH

Hiro

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 17, 2009, 02:58:41 PM
They were amazing when they came out, but we were kids and it was the fad of the day, so of course we loved them. If you ignore the fact that Pokemon is a major part of our childhoods and look at it from a grown up perspective, they're horrible movies.
I know this, I would obviously be watching for nostalgia purposes.  baddood;

sans culottes

Quote from: Hïro on November 17, 2009, 03:01:17 PM
I know this, I would obviously be watching for nostalgia purposes.  baddood;
waste of time and money, honestly
I support BUSH

Hiro

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 17, 2009, 03:04:18 PM
waste of time and money, honestly
It's like 8 dollars and 90 minutes  akudood;

Samus Aran

You could buy something a lot better with $8.

Andria

just download them its cheaper and more convenient

i watched a few of the new ones and they were entertaining at least  :( <3 shaymin

Hiro

The new ones have way better storytelling and production values, but they're also ridiculously cheesy. baddood;

Andria

Well the old ones were pretty cheesy too, probably cheesier  :(

Hiro

In some ways yes. In other ways, not really. I wish they would make a proper epic Pokemon movie to end all pokemon movies. One that would play in US theaters, and even get respectable reviews. But that won't happen unless they reboot the pokemon franchise, because d/p sucked and it'll only get worse as they keep the games exactly the same while adding more and more shitty pokemon

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on November 17, 2009, 03:36:04 PM
In some ways yes. In other ways, not really. I wish they would make a proper epic Pokemon movie to end all pokemon movies. One that would play in US theaters, and even get respectable reviews. But that won't happen unless they reboot the pokemon franchise, because d/p sucked and it'll only get worse as they keep the games exactly the same while adding more and more shitty pokemon

uh if you're talking about the games, d/p didn't suck, they were still great games even if the series is getting tiring, but that has nothing to do with the show at all

back when the game series was "good" by pretty everyone's standards, at gold/silver, the anime (get this!) sucked

the anime always sucked, the movies always sucked, nothing will change that ever ever ever

Go Up