April 27, 2024, 07:47:03 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Boyah Time Capsule - Accept no Substitutes!

Started by Samus Aran, November 12, 2009, 08:12:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

ME##

Classic

Don't worry David. Our shared goal will be death for 2013.

ME##

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

don't let's

November 12, 2012, 07:02:01 PM #261 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:23:30 PM by Far Beyond Repair

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Well, I never posted in this even though I was sure I had and it's purely disgusting that this is appearing again.

But this last year, man,  this year.....this last year......

You get to a point where you have a few things cemented down and in stone. A handful of handholds that you can use to boost up and hang on to. Things you get out of the way, to check off, even temporarily. And I guess that's the key word.

But there are also those uglier attitudes and frames of mind and habits that you thought you were going to shake, but are hanging on heavier than ever. You know the ones.

I guess it's a good thing, though. You know, character building shit. Everyone gets a year they can look back on and grimace towards over a beer or two. It's not over yet. By December you're going to be cracking your skull against the wall, but I'd imagine spring's going to be rad. Of course, that might not pan out. Or it might.

Regardless, keep on building, 2013 me, and keep kicking you lucky bastard.

Snowy

Quote from: Snowy on November 15, 2010, 12:55:54 PM
Dear 2011 Snowy

Let's dirty fuck with Kaz. But before that, get a girlfriend yet? Did your grades pick up?

With love, 2010 Snowy.

Quote from: Snowy on November 15, 2011, 09:58:06 AM

[spoiler]Ask anyone out yet? If you have was it that one girl who said she had crew? Did she ever come around? How's school doing? Senior year treating you well? Hope your grades are up or you won't get into West Chester. Hope the past year has treated you well~

With Love,
2011 Snowy[/spoiler]
God damn, me. If only. She ended up bailing on me completely. smithicide; School was okay, but fuck Junior year. Senior year is great, thanks for asking! My grades are pretty good right now, so I'm sure I can get in (even though I don't really want to go there so much anymore). This past year sucked. Holy shit, I wish I could just stay as happy as my 9th or 10th grade self. I've been on and off depressed since last year and neither of us saw it coming. I hardly have any friends at school, the few people I hang with are assholes with the exception of two. 2011 Snowy you don't know how good you had it. You thought it'd get better but it didn't. It got worse. 2013 Snowy, if you're still around please don't forget what I've said and thought tonight and just reflect upon it. Don't do anything rash, just take things slowly. Hopefully the one person will finally go out with you? Probably not, but we both know that she saw you as too much of a friend.

And 2010 Snowy god damn stop being such a whore, Kaz is filthy don't get with that.

don't let's

Snowy

Quote from: Snowy on November 15, 2011, 11:02:31 AM
Quote from: Snowy Bear Killer, Nord of the North on November 15, 2010, 02:39:56 PM
Holy tits.

Dear 2011 Snowy

Let's dirty fuck with Kaz. But before that, get a girlfriend yet? Did your grades pick up? Did you hit on Kristen like the north fist? No? Well, what the fuck have you done?

With love, 2010 Snowy.
Got rejected, old Snowy. Twice even. goowan

Grades got much better giggle;

She said no oh god smithicide;

I've gotten a job, so fuck you I'm successful. goowan
I'm not successful so suck on that old Snowy. goowan

bluaki

Apparently I never posted in this last year
Response to my 2010 post:

Quote from: bluaki on November 15, 2010, 05:00:54 PM
Dear 2011 bluaki, I honestly have no idea where you'll (I'll?) be. Maybe you'll be at a faraway college, further from home than I've ever travelled as of this post.
It's not that far.
Quote from: bluaki on November 15, 2010, 05:00:54 PMMaybe you'll already be taking hormones. Maybe you'll not only have crossdressed but be an active cosplayer for both genders. Maybe you'll be comfortable with your gender around others in real life. Maybe you'll have a significant social life. Maybe you'll fall in love. Maybe you'll have learned a lot of Japanese and piano and programming. Maybe you've left Boyah and you won't read this post. Or maybe you've ruined your life in this year and/or been killed.
Way to make me feel good about how little I've accomplished in two years myface;

also I'll never cosplay a male character what were you thinking madood;

At least, in terms of social life, I'm currently better off than I ever have been before in my life. It's still absolutely pathetic.
Programming is one thing I progressed quite a bit in since then; I honestly hardly knew how to program two years ago. But most of that progress was done in 2011, not 2012.

Quote from: bluaki on November 15, 2010, 05:00:54 PMAt the least, you should have a decently modern computer by now, if not two. Current post count: 4,933.

I expect more changes in this next year than in any other year I've had so far giggle;
Yes, two: a desktop and laptop, which I got 2 months and 6 months respectively after making this post. How did I manage to live with that terrible computer until then?

At least my lifestyle has overall improved more than it ever has just after I started university. I had no idea how annoying and antiproductive living with my family was until after leaving for school. Though it's still mostly not income I make myself, actually having the ability to buy things for myself, which I've never been able to do until 2011, is great.

bluaki

November 12, 2012, 10:51:21 PM #268 Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 10:11:34 PM by bluaki
Message for future me:
So, how did that plan to see another psychologist go? Did she, like the previous four psychologists you've seen, refuse to help you? Or did you finally manage to make some trans-related progress (hormones and/or name?) after over six years of despair? Passing as female within the next year is too much to hope for, but do you at least publicly dress like one yet?
Have you managed to make any of my current relationships with classmates develop into a close friendship? At least, do you ever meet or communicate with any of them outside of academic situations yet?
Did you actually get accepted for an internship?
How have your programming projects progressed?
Do you still only rarely play video games?
Do you still spend way too much time on tumblr?

Numbers:
8174 posts on boyah
MAL: 285 completed (165 TV, 47 Movies, 4100 episodes, 70.54 days)
2500 posts on tumblr
Lines of code: 4969 in heromapper, 10099 in zivoid

Current desktop setup: Arch, xmonad, awful dzen scripts, chromium (just switched browsers a week or two ago), xchat

applesauce

Go Up