September 23, 2024, 03:20:59 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hitchhiking y/n?

Started by CruelPleasure, November 09, 2009, 12:59:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

rdl

1 in 10 men get raped.

dont become a statistic.
rainn.com

the shortest route to the sea

I was thinking of doing a tour of the areas of various boyagers. It was really fun making that detour in Michigan to see Veal, I felt alive in just breaking a regimented plan and seizing an opportunity.

Either way, I wouldn't want to go on this trip without a rather large knife. I figure: food /water, recording stuff, and clothing will be enough for me.

Quote from: RDX on November 09, 2009, 01:42:15 PM
1 in 10 men get raped.

dont become a statistic.
rainn.com

Actually, statistic is 1 in 4 men suffer some form of sexual abuse in their lifetime

1 / 3 for women.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

rdl

well idk if the statistic has rised in the past 3 years.

Quote from: RDX on November 09, 2009, 01:46:46 PM
well idk if the statistic has rised in the past 3 years.

Abuse and rape are terms not well understood by certain researchers, and many things which are sexual abuse do not fall under the typical category of rape, as viewed by the public.

Speaking of which, if I made this trip, I would have to make sure how to not be killed.

Cobain306

Well, Alex and I are two pretty tough cookies, and I'm a black out, and.. Well, if anybody tried raping me, it wouldn't be pretty... For them.

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 09, 2009, 01:48:23 PM
Speaking of which, if I made this trip, I would have to make sure how to not be killed.

You could die right now silly. Your best bet is a sound mind and a guarded disposition. If you have to result to firsts, knife, or gun, you've already terribly messed up somewhere along the way.

Daddy

sexual abuse and rape of men is under reported and ridiculed by society

don't tell feminists they get pissy. akudood;

Sillbury

Picking up a hitchhiker is on my to-do list, but not actually going hitchhiking. WHERE THE FUCK COULD I POSSIBLY HITCHHIKE TO IN AUSTRALIA?!

Quote from: Socks on November 09, 2009, 01:52:09 PM
You could die right now silly. Your best bet is a sound mind and a guarded disposition. If you have to result to firsts, knife, or gun, you've already terribly messed up somewhere along the way.

That's true, to a certain finite extent. But not all situations can be predicted, not everything can be forsaw. The whole "you have the same chance of being murdered as rolling a 20 on a 20 sided die" kinda worries me.

I sometimes roll mine a few times and see how quickly I get a 20.

Edit: I just rolled it again. 20 on the first roll. Fuck.

Quote from: JMV on November 09, 2009, 01:54:30 PM
sexual abuse and rape of men is under reported and ridiculed by society

don't tell feminists they get pissy. akudood;

Depends which feminists you talk to!

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Emu Dragon on November 09, 2009, 01:54:47 PM
Picking up a hitchhiker is on my to-do list, but not actually going hitchhiking. WHERE THE FUCK COULD I POSSIBLY HITCHHIKE TO IN AUSTRALIA?!
Crikey I am don't know!

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 09, 2009, 01:55:29 PM
Edit: I just rolled it again. 20 on the first roll. Fuck.

well i won't kill you  saddood;

Skylark

I love the idea.
It didn't work so well in the area outside of San Francisco unfortunately
the book of right on

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Skylark on November 09, 2009, 01:58:18 PM
I love the idea.
It didn't work so well in the area outside of San Francisco unfortunately
You tried? Couldn't get a ride?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Colonel Sanders on November 09, 2009, 01:02:41 PM
Highlight of the trip?

We had some great experiences, but my favorite was one night in particular.
We decided to splurge and rent a more expensive campsite which was actually only a few miles outside of yellowstone.
It was on this rather large hill and we could see for miles and miles. These rolling green hills were surrounded by mountains, something that absolutely blew my mind, me being a wisconsinite who had never seen anything like that in my life.
Anyhow, we broke out the instruments and completely melted under the setting sun around a campfire.
It was the most content I've ever been, surrounded by my favorite people and some of the most beautiful scenery.

rdl

All my friends want to do is play video games all day. I'm currently in the process of trying to get them to go to the football game on Friday and only two are going, and that's all of their own volition. The others want to play CoD.

tl;dr I miss my cool friends, and I wish I hung out with them more before we broke up ;_;

Go Up