September 23, 2024, 03:35:16 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hitchhiking y/n?

Started by CruelPleasure, November 09, 2009, 12:59:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

CruelPleasure

Well lately I have been hanging with a lot of Travellers (Tramps). I met one guy who is from Ontario and actually has been as far as mexico from hitchhiking. I plan on travelling this way this summer from Saskatchewan to BC. A lot of my close friends dot his every summer and it is incredible they say...  I am planning on doing this now that I am 18. I know there are many risks but I just want to live for once. Everyday I see the same environments and scenery and I need to escape. I want to be free.
Would you ever do this if you had the chance?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

A group of my good friends went on an excursion out west in a crummy van a few summers ago.
It was the greatest week and a half of my life.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 09, 2009, 01:01:18 PM
A group of my good friends went on an excursion out west in a crummy van a few summers ago.
It was the greatest week and a half of my life.
Highlight of the trip?

Claquesous

I'd never hitchhike, because I've had too many bad experiences, but I'd love to travel cross-country, either by or by car. Preferably bike, so that I could also camp the whole way. I guess I could just park the car somewhere and camp.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Claquesous on November 09, 2009, 01:05:48 PM
I'd never hitchhike, because I've had too many bad experiences, but I'd love to travel cross-country, either by or by car. Preferably bike, so that I could also camp the whole way. I guess I could just park the car somewhere and camp.
My good friend cody is planning on biking from saskatchewan to Halifax Nova Scotia this summer. I'd be to much a wimp to do that though.

Cobain306

Yupp, in fact I'm going with you.

spaceman

I'll probably do that around Europe when I'm 18.

A reddit thread from 2 days ago inspired me.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Epicfail on November 09, 2009, 01:13:55 PM
Yupp, in fact I'm going with you.
Yes we will be picking fruits and getting hammered. Then go to the coast. Then the great festival called Shambhala. With many bumps along the way.

Cobain306

Quote from: Colonel Sanders on November 09, 2009, 01:15:04 PM
Yes we will be picking fruits and getting hammered. Then go to the coast. Then the great festival called Shambhala. With many bumps along the way.

Ah man, it's going to be so good. I can't bloody wait, I really can't.
We can finally release ourselves from this hell of a city and leave all that shit behind us for a few months.

Socks

How can you people detach yourselves from social responsibilities for a few months? I'd be a wanted man.

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Socks on November 09, 2009, 01:25:27 PM
How can you people detach yourselves from social responsibilities for a few months? I'd be a wanted man.
Freedom, getting the fuck out of this town. I'm 18 now I just need to get away.

Cobain306

Quote from: Socks on November 09, 2009, 01:25:27 PM

What social responsibilities? When you no longer are in school, and have a job you can quit, or don't even have a job... You can really do anything...
I'm going with OP actually, well, I plan to.. It all depends on how things go this year with my life...
We always got friends to tag along with us, bring the important people and forget the rest.

Socks

Quote from: Epicfail on November 09, 2009, 01:27:18 PM
What social responsibilities?

Quite a few. I'm just from a different tribe that's all.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the idea. In fact, I've got a good mind to do a solo visit to a few long lost relatives in a far away continent myself.

the shortest route to the sea

I've been playing around with the idea...I dunno, my birthday is in a few months and I'll have a whole summer stretched out before me. A roadtrip would be wonderful, but I don't drive.

I would like to really experience something, in some way. I'd like to bring the Tascam and a mic or two and just...record things. Make crazy fucking music. Find weed. Hang out.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 09, 2009, 01:36:54 PM
I would like to really experience something, in some way. I'd like to bring the Tascam and a mic or two and just...record things. Make crazy fucking music. Find weed. Hang out.

Make your way South and I'll drive you as far as I can in any direction.  giggle;

Go Up