September 22, 2024, 07:18:52 PM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Soo i want to buy a IMAC but ...........

Started by littlewili, November 09, 2009, 11:31:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

littlewili

Soo i want to buy a IMAC but i heard you can get a refurbished one. What should i do get a New one or a Refurbished one

hotlikesauce.

So why don't you spend tons of money on a computer with worse specs than a Windows based one because it's got a "trendy" operating system that's popular with all the kids that go to Art School.

Travis

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2009, 11:35:01 AM
So why don't you spend tons of money on a computer with worse specs than a Windows based one because it's got a "trendy" operating system that's popular with all the kids that go to Art School.
what the fuck is wrong with you man

Title

Nyerp

strongbad

lol
you're so cute

Cookie

I'm loling because that is the first thing mippo has ever said that I slightly agree/care/dontwanttokillmyselfafterreading

Daddy

Uh, I find it to be a great operating system for software development.  doodhuh;

Good luck getting revision control, SSH, most command-line utilities, and all of that working on Windows.

Dumbass.

Travis

Quote from: JMV on November 09, 2009, 01:11:52 PM
Uh, I find it to be a great operating system for software development.  doodhuh;

Good luck getting revision control, SSH, most command-line utilities, and all of that working on Windows.

Dumbass.
this is the same person who dumped linux because he couldn't scroll

Daddy

Quote from: Travis on November 09, 2009, 01:16:38 PM
this is the same person who dumped linux because he couldn't scroll
oh god lol

and I'm waiting for the argument of "why buy a mac if all u is gonan do is browse da internet"

Why pay for a damn windows license if that's all you're going to do. Just buy a nettop and install linux.

OS X is a great OS and it's not "lol trendy for art kids". It provides top-notch tools for art+engineering type students and jobs.  Just because Mippo can't operate a Unix system doesn't mean "it's trendy".

CruelPleasure

snorkel

even better solution: get a compatible laptop/netbook or build a nice PC and install OS X. it's easy to do these days.

strongbad

Quote from: wziard on November 09, 2009, 02:08:01 PM
even better solution: get a compatible laptop/netbook or build a nice PC and install OS X. it's easy to do these days.

Oh man I would kill to get OSX running on my netbook. How would that work out?

snorkel

Quote from: GUOB on November 09, 2009, 02:12:06 PM
Oh man I would kill to get OSX running on my netbook. How would that work out?

if the hardware is compatible it's pretty easy with snow leopard. google "[your netbook make/model] osx86" or something

Go Up