June 25, 2024, 06:00:51 PM

1,531,273 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Couldn't they...

Started by NOA_Haunted, July 29, 2009, 12:08:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

NOA_Haunted

Couldn't game developers utilizes the Wii"s Gamecube or SD card slots, so they can make larger scale games? I don't know where I am really going with this, but I was thinking that if games came with an SD card or like a custom memory card that fit into the Gamecube memory card slots; wouldn't they be able to store game information and data on the SD card or memory card?

Here is an example that I made up. Potentially, the Wii wouldn't be able to handle a game as large as Oblivion (just the map size and the caves and suck)

But, if games needed they could be packaged with a Mem Card or SD card that has the data or something on it so the Wii could handle it?

If you are lost so am I....
[spoiler]Wii sucks, only games that are fun are Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort![/spoiler]

strongbad

I don't think that it works like that.
That's like saying that if you have a bigger hard drive in your computer, you can play better games.

Cookie

Quote from: GOB on July 29, 2009, 12:18:12 PM
That's like saying that if you have a bigger hard drive in your computer, you can play better games.

This^^^
I think the Wii needs more hardware to handle games such as Oblivion, not just more memory.

Oh

How about Nintendo just drops the whole Wiimote controls and makes a new console that is up to date and not a waste of money?  akudood;

Hiro

Quote from: GOB on July 29, 2009, 12:18:12 PM
No, but you could play bigger games, is what I think he means.

In that case, while it might be possible, would be unlikely.

Hiro

Quote from: Lwar on July 29, 2009, 12:23:33 PM
How about Nintendo just drops the whole Wiimote controls and makes a new console that is up to date and not a waste of money?  akudood;
I'm gonna say we'll get that around 2012  saddood;

C.Mongler

Oblivion is just on a dual-layer DVD, which the Wii can read, so I don't really think that would be an issue.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Lwar on July 29, 2009, 12:23:33 PM
Hahaha, after the Wii's success with casual gamers, parents, people who don't play video games Nintendo will always be like that... Casual games...

When I was young my dad was like why would you want a gamecube the only games it has are for babies, so I got a ps2. Now, that is pretty much true.

strongbad

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on July 29, 2009, 08:26:25 PM
Hahaha, after the Wii's success with casual gamers, parents, people who don't play video games Nintendo will always be like that... Casual games...

When I was young my dad was like why would you want a gamecube the only games it has are for babies, so I got a ps2. Now, that is pretty much true.

Your dad is an idiot.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: GOB on July 29, 2009, 08:31:19 PM
Your dad is an idiot.
Actually i'm glad he didn't let me get a Gamecube, Ps2 was so much better.

Travis

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on July 29, 2009, 09:39:48 PM
Actually i'm glad he didn't let me get a Gamecube, Ps2 was so much better.
lol

Hiro

Travis

Hiro

Quote from: Trav on July 29, 2009, 10:48:04 PM
not...really lol
how not, both have many excellent games.  baddood;

Travis

Quote from: Hïro on July 29, 2009, 10:53:55 PM
how not, both have many excellent games.  baddood;
gamecube doesn't really have nearly as many as ps2

Go Up