Your class schedule this semester (or whole year for you high schoolers)

Started by Samus Aran, July 28, 2009, 02:09:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Even though I've actually had it since half a year ago when I signed up for these classes, I just now decided to print my schedule out and check it out again.

Monday

Advanced Writing: 11:00-11:50 AM
Shakespeare and His Age: 6:00-8:40 PM

Tuesday and Thursday

Technical Writing: 10:00-11:15 AM
Writing Fiction 1: 12:00-1:15 PM

Wednesday and Friday

Advanced Writing: 11:00-11:50 AM

Aside from those, I also have an independent study course entitled 20th Century American Literature, which I'm taking with a small amount of guidance from my favorite professor. I don't know when I'll be doing things or what exactly I'll be doing with that just yet, but it's 3 credits just like a normal 3-hour class.

Pretty lax schedule, I'd say, but same amount of credits as usual. I managed to snag a great schedule this semester if I do say so myself.

hocuspocus;

Travis

Band and... cooking? I think are my electives.  doodthing;

Just in all the other required courses for the rest. No AP or shit, just the regular class because I'm not smart  doodthing;

rdl

Uhh let's see if I can remember.

AP English 11
Physics
Law (Sem1)/ Psych. (Sem2)
US History
Trig
Spanish 4 Honors

I'm guessing I'll fail Trig, do bad in Spanish because it's so fucking boring, do bad in English just because, drop Law because I keep forgetting that I suck at speaking now, and be bored out of my mind in US History since nothing interesting ever happened.

woohoo

Feynman

Junior year:

AP Biology
Health (for half the year)
US History Honors
Spanish Honors
Trigonometry Honors
Physics Honors
English Honors

I can see my GPA going from a 95 to somewhere around a 98 this year—and that's the most pessimistic estimate. Optimistically, a 102 if I actually bother studying for the tests and actually do my homework. I'm sort of pissed off the bureaucracy that is my school didn't give me AP US History, so I'm planning on self-studying for the exam and taking it myself, along with AP Psych, and AP Env. Science—because apparently, these two courses are easy to self-study for. So, I have 4 AP exams to look forward to.

I'm also taking the SAT II Biology, Physics, and US History tests at the end of the year, so I'll have those to prepare for. It's gonna be fun.

I already bought the SAT II Physics book, an AP Bio review book, and a AP US History review book—all of which I plan on finishing pretty soon, at least, at the rate I'm going. I'm going to read these books over and over again until it's stuck in my mind, and the school year will be a joke for me. There's nothing like a little self-studying.

Chris (JayJay)

i don't even know my schedule yet. tomorrow my school is having PREP day and i'll be able to make it. gonna try to get my classes in the morning to get it over with. '

Question to you, how long are college classes?

Thyme

I don't have the schedule yet, I think I'm getting it on August 19th, but I know the classes.

Professional Environment
Animation
Graphic Design I
Numeric Imagery I (I know it sounds awkward, I'm translating this from French)
Web Creation
Initiation to Programming

So now, after JMV and Snorkel, you're gonna be stuck with me making threads about my problems with making web pages. maps;

Placebo Headwound

My school doesn't give the schedules until the first day, lol.

bluaki

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on July 28, 2009, 02:32:32 PM
My school doesn't give the schedules until the first day, lol.
Same, but I at least know what classes I requested to have, though without real verification that these are the ones I'm getting nor which period number I'll have them in or the teacher/room number.

Junior year:
Analysis of Functions (Pre-calc)
AP Computer Science
Physics (honors)
AP Chemistry
US History (honors)
English 3
Spanish 1

Aside from Spanish, I think most of these classes will be relatively easy for me. My GPA will probably rise significantly after all the screwups I had in my classes last year.

sans culottes

Gonna become a junior when school starts up.

Algebra II
Chemistry or AP Biology (haven't decided)
Theatre III
AP US History
English III
Spanish II

Fuck yeah, early release!
I support BUSH

Hiro

Samus Aran

Quote from: PARROTHEAD on July 28, 2009, 02:30:07 PM
i don't even know my schedule yet. tomorrow my school is having PREP day and i'll be able to make it. gonna try to get my classes in the morning to get it over with. '

Question to you, how long are college classes?

Most college courses are a little less or a little more than an hour each day you have it, unless it's for more or less than three credits.

Title

Quote from: RDX on July 28, 2009, 02:16:13 PM
Uhh let's see if I can remember.

AP English 11
Physics
Law (Sem1)/ Psych. (Sem2)
US History
Trig
Spanish 4 Honors

I'm guessing I'll fail Trig, do bad in Spanish because it's so fucking boring, do bad in English just because, drop Law because I keep forgetting that I suck at speaking now, and be bored out of my mind in US History since nothing interesting ever happened.

woohoo
nevermind I saw "English 11" and didnt see "AP"

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

Mondays and Wensdays
Trig college level
1030am-1150am then again at 1200pm-1255pm on wensdays

Education 1010
300-355pm

English 1010
1:30-2:50pm

Tuesdays and Thursdays
History 2010 4:30pm-5:50pm

Psychology 1310
6:00-9:00pm

Public Speaking 2300
3:00-4:20pm

Total of 16 credit hours
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Selkie

Monday
American Society  9:10-10:00
Bio Lab 3:00-4:50

Tuesday and Thursday
Art in the Ancient World 8:30-9:45
Politics & Multiculturalism 10:05-11:20
Principles of Biology 1:15-2:30
Intro to Poetry 4:25-5:40

Wednesday
College Experience(some required class for freshmen) 1:50-2:40

Friday
American Society 9:10-10:00

Seems a little cluttered but at least I get off early on friday.

Go Up