May 05, 2024, 04:43:12 PM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

goodbye, mac

Started by snorkel, June 27, 2009, 05:24:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

I think I made my decision. I'm offing my iMac in a favor of a custom-built i7 monster which will be jointly inhabited by OSx86, an as yet undecided Linux distro, and Windows 7.

My iMac's 3.06ghz core 2 duo just doesn't make me feel good enough about myself when I go to bed at night. and the stupid thing can only handle 4gb of DDR2 RAM. it's bullshit. with this new beast I plan to eventually install 16 or 24gb of RAM and dedicate half of it to a photoshop swap drive, which may be supremely ridiculous.

Tomboh

[REDACTED]

hope you stay absorbed with your new computer so i don't have to hear your macfaggotry
-felt
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

superclucky

Quote from: OMGCLUCKY on June 27, 2009, 05:41:00 PM
hope you stay absorbed with your new computer so i don't have to hear your macfaggotry
-felt
felt you are so insensitive where did i go wrong
kewns are smelly

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Stupid Fucking Slut on June 27, 2009, 05:44:16 PM
felt you are so insensitive where did i go wrong

clucky you are so insensitive where did i go wrong
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

superclucky

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 27, 2009, 05:56:00 PM
clucky you are so insensitive where did i go wrong
it's encoded in my dna to behave that way
appeasement;
kewns are smelly

Hiro

Holy shit man
Sounds good thumbup;

Ezloﺕ

what will become of your imac
:)

the shortest route to the sea

Debian

or better yet

Gentoo

DO IT

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Infel

snorkel

Quote from: Pqqu on June 27, 2009, 06:23:21 PM
Debian

or better yet

Gentoo

DO IT

it will likely be fedora

Cookie

And for the same reasons I don't use my Mac. I never understood why anyone other than 13 year old girls would want a Mac when they can get a monster PC for the same price. The only "advantages" I've heard of that a Mac has is a lighter OS, which isn't really a big deal anymore since any decent computer has atleast 4GBs of RAM.

Daddy

Uh to be fair the 4GB RAM limit on your Mac has to do with 32-bit processors, not the Mac.

A Core 2 Duo does have 64 bit functionality, and uh that will be taken care of in Snow Leopard. The machines are expensive though.

mario583

Hiro

Go Up