May 23, 2024, 05:57:03 AM

1,531,628 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Girl Talk

Started by YPrrrr, May 22, 2009, 06:34:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Why do people like them/him so much? I mean there's vitually no talent involved, he just takes pre-existing music and mixes it with other popular pre-existing music. To me, a fan of girl talk is usually someone who doesn't want to bother finding their own music so they just buy a girl talk cd so they can have all the top of the charts hits mashed into one convenient cd. Maybe I'm just being cynical here though, so what are others' opinions on them?

superclucky

Probably because they sound somewhat good, and that's all that matters. n_____n

I think two songs used Air's Sexy Boy, and Annie's Heartbeat. <3
kewns are smelly

YPrrrr

Quote from: Stupid Fucking Slut on May 22, 2009, 06:37:08 PM
Probably because they sound somewhat good, and that's all that matters. n_____n

They don't contribute to the sound at all though

Veal

Because he takes songs that suck (top of the charts hits) and makes them sound good.

And mash-ups are so hard, are you kidding me? Gosh, Feed The Animals is just the perfect mash-up CD. The tempos and rock backgrounds mixed with the right rap songs. To me, a fan of Girl Talk is someone who appreciates music and wants to listen to something different, something constantly changing, blending every genre together.

So yeah you're just being cynical.

Selkie

He doesn't really have much musical talent, no, because technically he doesn't make music, he just combines it.

But still, it's cool, and he has a good sense of what sounds good together.

Skylark

because he's a really solid mash-up artist.
the book of right on

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie on May 23, 2009, 05:00:12 AM
He doesn't really have much musical talent, no, because technically he doesn't make music, he just combines it.

But still, it's cool, and he has a good sense of what sounds good together.
he actually combines good music(ugk) with shitty music(soulja fag) to make music that makes the latter not nearly as crappy.

YPrrrr

May 23, 2009, 02:25:59 PM #7 Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 02:31:51 PM by YPR
Quote from: Veal on May 23, 2009, 12:06:48 AM
Because he takes songs that suck (top of the charts hits) and makes them sound good.

And mash-ups are so hard, are you kidding me? Gosh, Feed The Animals is just the perfect mash-up CD. The tempos and rock backgrounds mixed with the right rap songs. To me, a fan of Girl Talk is someone who appreciates music and wants to listen to something different, something constantly changing, blending every genre together.

So yeah you're just being cynical.
I took all of that as sarcasm initially
Quote from: Skylark on May 23, 2009, 08:05:21 AM
because he's a really solid mash-up artist.
I guess I just dont understand the mash-up genre as a whole then

Veal

Quote from: YPR on May 23, 2009, 02:25:59 PM
I took all of that as sarcasm initially

Oh.

Yeah I wasn't being sarcastic, I see what you mean though. I really do like it. I haven't listened in months though, it's not something that you listen to over and over like an actual band with actual albums.

C.Mongler

He's on of the best mashcore artists out there, and he doesn't just do lazy half assed mashes either like most do.

The artist formally known

It really does take talent. Listen to Smash Your Head. Mashing up John Lenon and Biggie is awesome.

Lex Luthor

Why am i still here?

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on May 26, 2009, 09:26:23 AM
It really does take talent. Listen to Smash Your Head. Mashing up John Lenon and Biggie is awesome.
I respectfully disagree

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: YPR on May 26, 2009, 10:56:51 AM
I respectfully disagree

I'll agree with his respectful disagreement except I dont know if I agree on the respectful part.

Sampling is one thing.
Excessive sampling is another.
Sampling without adding anything new is something different altogether.

Plus I imagine their concerts (if they tour) would suck.

Blegh.

Go Up