May 12, 2024, 03:19:30 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

rdl

Quote from: Raekewn on February 05, 2009, 05:50:23 PM
because you need god to keep you alive dur
ya

actually there's this one rule about suicide and becoming a ghost and i dont want to become no ghost ;_;

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on February 05, 2009, 06:42:35 PM
ya

actually there's this one rule about suicide and becoming a ghost and i dont want to become no ghost ;_;
There's also some rules about eating shellfish, wearing clothes made from multiple times of fabric, cutting your hair, and being a wizard.  akudood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Brooks on February 05, 2009, 06:29:37 PM
it's getting shorter yes;

i thought this was serious discussion but i guess i was wrong

Slim

Quote from: Nyerp on February 05, 2009, 07:02:22 PM
i thought this was serious discussion but i guess i was wrong

don't get upset we can't be right all the time <3
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Sam

February 05, 2009, 07:19:23 PM #769 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:50:06 PM by Sam
Quote from: Bassir on February 05, 2009, 03:29:59 PM
Religion was created to unify groups of people and create a culture. The creation of God was to provide an entity that enforces the rules of the religion, and force people to follow it and keep true to the morals.

I think that since society doesn't need religion to keep morality anymore, it shouldn't be practiced, and in modern society, it's drifting us away from each other.

I am agnostic. I'm not an atheist because I can't confirm the nonexistence of a God, nor can I confirm the existence.

At the same time, that's kind of like saying Santa was created to make sure little kids don't misbehave.

And let's face it, how many kids actually think about Santa when they're misbehaving?

Religion was created to answer the unanswerable. That's the same reason it's still around.

by the way guys, seriously? You can't keep from being goofs in this one board? It's irritating and immature. please.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Lance Corporal Atlas

My belief system is off and on, so I guess I'd be considered Agnostic.

rdl

Quote from: Raekewn on February 05, 2009, 06:50:40 PM
There's also some rules about eating shellfish, wearing clothes made from multiple times of fabric, cutting your hair, and being a wizard.  akudood;
So are you encouraging me to kill myself? badass

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on February 05, 2009, 07:47:07 PM
So are you encouraging me to kill myself? badass
No I'm saying religion is a dumb reason not to, especially with all the other silly rules.  hocuspocus;

rdl

Quote from: Raekewn on February 05, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
No I'm saying religion is a dumb reason not to, especially with all the other silly rules.  hocuspocus;
I'VE GOT A GUN IN MY HAND RIGHT NOW badass

Bolivian Army

dammit jamvey we need his activity

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Slim

Quote from: Sam on February 05, 2009, 07:19:23 PMReligion was created to answer the unanswerable. That's the same reason it's still around.

In the beginning, sure, that's why it was created. However, Bassir is correct that providing a stabilizing force in society is the primary function that religion came to serve in the coming years. We're long beyond the point of needing this anymore, and may very well be better off without it.
As for why religious belief persists, I think it's mostly tradition. We can provide most of the answers now, even if many aren't satisfied by them.

Quoteby the way guys, seriously? You can't keep from being goofs in this one board? It's irritating and immature. please.

sorry, ma'am saddood;
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

rdl

Quote from: Slim on February 05, 2009, 08:46:05 PM
As for why religious belief persists, I think it's mostly tradition. We can provide most of the answers now, even if many aren't satisfied by them.
well my religion so far doesn't have any problems with any of the scientific foundings made baddood;

Slim

Quote from: RDX on February 05, 2009, 09:07:32 PM
well my religion so far doesn't have any problems with any of the scientific foundings made baddood;

One could make that claim about the liberal tradition of any religion.

The world makes perfect sense without your impulse to insert Allah into it, which was the point I was getting at.

Daddy

Veal

Quote from: Raekewn on February 05, 2009, 09:35:06 PM
Okay, starting here, stop the shitty posts.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Slim how do you think the universe came into being?

Go Up