May 13, 2024, 03:50:55 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Sam on December 24, 2008, 08:29:48 PM
yeah, I think I would be offended by that if I was christian. To me it doesn't matter because.. it's just a little wafer thingy to me.

But at the same time, my mom makes me go every week, and if I ever refused to get communion, oh boy she would throw a fit. So I don't know what else to do.

How many more months until you're an adult again?
If I were you and I REALLY opposed getting communion, I would just sit down and talk to her about it. Be like "don't you find it offensive that I don't believe in God, yet am recieveing the body of his son?"
Or you could just wait until you're eighteen and tell her you have the freedom of religion and don't have to go to church anymore.  doodhuh;
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Sam

Quote from: YPR on December 24, 2008, 08:32:24 PM
uh, don't take it and let her throw a fit

Look, it's not worth it to me. Nobody at church knows that I don't believe in it, so I'm not really offending anyone except maybe my family, but they apparently don't care since I'm forced to go as it is. I'm not going to endure my mom's nagging for nothing.

So no.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Terran SCV

Quote from: Sam on December 25, 2008, 06:21:45 PM
Look, it's not worth it to me. Nobody at church knows that I don't believe in it, so I'm not really offending anyone except maybe my family, but they apparently don't care since I'm forced to go as it is. I'm not going to endure my mom's nagging for nothing.

So no.

I told my family I believed in evolution and they stopped talking to me about God for months

Until today...sheesh, so much for a BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR JESUS
$~ find /home -user You
     ./base

$~ su You

$~ pidof d00dz

$~ kill 1337

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on December 25, 2008, 06:21:45 PM

So no.
It's still disrespectful

Sam

Quote from: YPR on December 26, 2008, 10:31:42 AM
It's still disrespectful

To who? The parishoners who aren't even aware of my situation, or to the God I don't believe in?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on December 26, 2008, 10:38:17 AM
To who? The parishoners who aren't even aware of my situation, or to the God I don't believe in?
To Christians in general...

if one spits on a statue of Buddha, for example, it's still disrespectful whether or not there are any Buddhists witnessing it.

Sam

Quote from: YPR on December 26, 2008, 10:56:13 AM
To Christians in general...

if one spits on a statue of Buddha, for example, it's still disrespectful whether or not there are any Buddhists witnessing it.

...But if no Buddhists know about it, no body is offended. The only person who is being 'harmed' is the spitter. Or their conscience at least.

And since I personally don't care whether or not I eat a little rice wafer (I actually kinda like the way they taste), I'm fine with that.

I'm sorry YPR, but no matter how disrespectful I'm being, it's still not worth it to get into yet another religion argument with my parents.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Sam on December 26, 2008, 04:47:14 PM
...But if no Buddhists know about it, no body is offended. The only person who is being 'harmed' is the spitter. Or their conscience at least.

And since I personally don't care whether or not I eat a little rice wafer (I actually kinda like the way they taste), I'm fine with that.

I'm sorry YPR, but no matter how disrespectful I'm being, it's still not worth it to get into yet another religion argument with my parents.

I would think eating the communion would be disrespectful to yourself.
How I see it is like, if some bully threatens for your lunch money everyday and if you don't hand it over they'll beat you up. It's like you're just giving your money to them to avoid getting beaten up, but unless you stand up for yourself, you're still losing.
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Sam

Quote from: ΝεάÏ,ολις on December 26, 2008, 06:23:18 PM
I would think eating the communion would be disrespectful to yourself.
How I see it is like, if some bully threatens for your lunch money everyday and if you don't hand it over they'll beat you up. It's like you're just giving your money to them to avoid getting beaten up, but unless you stand up for yourself, you're still losing.

No, I'm losing by going to church every week. Getting communion is just part of church.

just1more

I really don't know what I believe anymore. I used to be one of those asshole atheists who pretty much denied everything, but I just don't care anymore. I'm not atheist, I'm just nonreligious. Once in a while a conversation about religion will come up with my friends, but I just say that I don't really believe in anything, and that I especially don't believe in organized religion and pushing one's religion onto another person.

In other words, I don't believe in God. I think I may have posted in this thread before, but I'm not really sure.

Sam

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 26, 2008, 06:55:59 PM
I really don't know what I believe anymore. I used to be one of those asshole atheists who pretty much denied everything, but I just don't care anymore. I'm not atheist, I'm just nonreligious. Once in a while a conversation about religion will come up with my friends, but I just say that I don't really believe in anything, and that I especially don't believe in organized religion and pushing one's religion onto another person.

In other words, I don't believe in God. I think I may have posted in this thread before, but I'm not really sure.

yeah that's pretty much my big reason for everything.

just1more

I just find church so boring and a big waste of time. I remember when I used to go and I would fall asleep during mass. I also remember once asking my dad if I could take a pillow and blanket to church... Of course he said no. lol

I haven't been to church in years, and haven't gone there every week since I made confirmation in 5th grade.

Det in F♯ Major

just1more

Go Up