May 12, 2024, 01:29:02 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Knig

Quote from: Clucky on September 07, 2008, 02:32:19 PM
how did that reason get within itself

Is is just is because it is.

Nyerp

how did the universe start? what is it? can it end? how big is it? are there other ones? is there other life? wry

Knig

There is no time in God, therefore God must be eternally creating (the alternative is that God is doing nothing, which is not the case we are observing).

The universe entails all of this creation and therefore never has a start or an end, just change.

Since it is eternally changing it has no definitive size.

The strict definition of universe implies that there is only one such realm.

Existence of other forms of life is an almost certain possibility.

Houdini

Quote from: Rycerz on September 05, 2008, 08:27:01 PM
If there is no God, how did we, a contingent universe, come to be made?
Yes, an omnipotent being creating a universe out of nothing simply through sheer will totally makes perfect sense. I definitely wouldn't bother researching any other theories.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on September 11, 2008, 07:57:36 PM
Yes, an omnipotent being creating a universe out of nothing simply through sheer will totally makes perfect sense. I definitely wouldn't bother researching any other theories.

What's your explanation, then?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Nyerp

why do you have to have a theory? what if some things just can't be explained?

Knig

Quote from: PurgatorySurge on September 13, 2008, 12:57:02 PM
why do you have to have a theory? what if some things just can't be explained?

The only things you can't explain are those you don't know.

Therefore, if you knew everything, you could explain them.

Nyerp

Quote from: Rycerz on September 13, 2008, 02:01:24 PM
The only things you can't explain are those you don't know.

Therefore, if you knew everything, you could explain them.

huh? doodthing;

Knig

Quote from: PurgatorySurge on September 13, 2008, 02:19:54 PM
huh? doodthing;

If you know something, you can (at the very least) explain that knowledge to yourself. You have a grasp of what it is; you understand it. You are aware of its existence; without that knowledge that thing doesn't exist according to your point of view.

You can't explain things you don't know; therefore, in answer to your previous statement, "what if some things can't be explained?" those things would have to be non-existent, i.e. nothing.

Daddy

Quote from: Rycerz on September 13, 2008, 04:29:29 PM
If you know something, you can (at the very least) explain that knowledge to yourself. You have a grasp of what it is; you understand it. You are aware of its existence; without that knowledge that thing doesn't exist according to your point of view.

You can't explain things you don't know; therefore, in answer to your previous statement, "what if some things can't be explained?" those things would have to be non-existent, i.e. nothing.
What the hell are you talking about?
We can't explain existence itself and, by definition, existence exists.

Knig

Quote from: Khadafi on September 13, 2008, 04:43:50 PM
What the hell are you talking about?
We can't explain existence itself and, by definition, existence exists.

Existence is also defined by its opposite, which is nonexistence. It's similar to how one describes darkness, cold, etc.

Granted, it becomes increasingly difficult to describe such fundamental terms in a technical way, because doing so complicates it with our cumbersome language. Much of the workings of the universe and of our day to day lives are still a mystery, but at some level I believe we understand some of those things instinctively.

Ezloﺕ

While I kind of believe in God, I'm not exactly sure if I'm actually a religion person. I'm not particularly against organized religion, but eh...

just givin my opinion u kno
:)

Houdini

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 13, 2008, 10:48:54 AM
What's your explanation, then?
I don't have one, but that doesn't make the Christian theory of creation any less silly.

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Houdini on September 14, 2008, 12:07:41 PM
I don't have one, but that doesn't make the Christian theory of creation any less silly.

2+2 doesn't equal 4. I don't know what it equals, but definitely not 4.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

YPrrrr

Quote from: Det. ;] on September 14, 2008, 01:53:43 PM
2+2 doesn't equal 4. I don't know what it equals, but definitely not 4.
What

Go Up