May 12, 2024, 02:42:35 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Clucky on August 05, 2008, 09:16:34 AM
i translate god as a higher self being within myself if that makes any sense
i think that may be called theistic  satanism

it makes all those bible quotes make a little bit more sense
It makes sense, like Lawlz's belief that he's God and the World ends when he dies?

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Nyerp

Quote from: Original_MIB on August 05, 2008, 09:16:58 AM
You're being ignorant to what I'm trying to say. Read my post again, I've editted it.

How the fuck does Christianity make the most sense? psyduck;

superclucky

Quote from: Original_MIB on August 05, 2008, 09:18:39 AM
It makes sense, like Lawlz's belief that he's God and the World ends when he dies?

no not like lawlz's belief
basically to do things that are good that make you feel good in the inside; not the best explanation i can give :(
kewns are smelly

Daddy

Quote from: Original_MIB on August 05, 2008, 09:16:58 AM
What all Catholics believe in.
Why not believe in Krishna, Vishnu, or Shiva in case they exist?
Quote from: Original_MIB on August 05, 2008, 09:18:39 AM
No.  It's similar pantheistic view that God is the universe and everyone is part of a universal whole.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Nyerp on August 05, 2008, 09:20:43 AM
How the fuck does Christianity make the mos sense? psyduck;
It doesn't to you, but I've picked out in Christianity what makes sense to me. It has Philosiphies of life that make the World a better place. Which is why the majority has chosen to believe in God.

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Khadafi on August 05, 2008, 09:22:16 AM
Why not believe in Krishna, Vishnu, or Shiva in case they exist?No.  It's similar pantheistic view that God is the universe and everyone is part of a universal whole.

Oh, well I guess I believe in what Clucky believes in, kind of...

Anyway, look at my reply to Nyerp's post.

Nyerp

oh my god "world" is not a proper noun stop fucking capitalizing it

Daddy

August 05, 2008, 09:26:38 AM #547 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 09:30:20 AM by Khadafi
Quote from: Original_MIB on August 05, 2008, 09:23:14 AM
It doesn't to you, but I've picked out in Christianity what makes sense to me. It has Philosiphies of life that make the World a better place. Which is why the majority has chosen to believe in God.
The majority hasn't chosen to believe in the Christian [view of] God though–Muslims, Christians, and Jews all believe in the same God, but with different aspects.

Now divide those Christians up into Protestant(and subdivide that all up into all of the different sects), Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and one or other two I'm forgetting. 

ok better chart

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Nyerp on August 05, 2008, 09:25:54 AM
oh my god "world" is not a proper noun stop fucking capitalizing it
Stop being fucking ignorant, and reply to my post. God, why does it even matter? Dumbfucks like you should get the fuck out of the Serious Discussion Board.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Khadafi on August 05, 2008, 09:26:38 AM
The majority hasn't chosen to believe in the Christian [view of] God thoughĆ¢ā,¬ā€œMuslims, Christians, and Jews all believe in the same God, but with different aspects.

Now divide those Christians up into Protestant(and subdivide that all up into all of the different sects), Catholic, Greek Orthodox, and one or other two I'm forgetting. 

ok better chart
Thanks for that, I never knew. But my opinion still applies, I was just mindlessly stating that it was the most to be chosen.

6M69I69B9

August 05, 2008, 11:41:39 AM #550 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:44:45 AM by Original_MIB
Quote from: Vostroya on August 05, 2008, 11:15:54 AM

In response to the response to my long post to MIB;

I realized that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not the center of an actual faith. I was putting it next to Christianity and faith-based-upon-carrot-leaves for illustrative purposes.

I don't really understand your thoughts when you say that Christianity and its god must be correct since "a majority" has chosen it.  Firstly, as James pointed out, a majority has not chosen Christianity. A majority has chosen institutionalised religion, but the need to adhere to a religion is a basic facet of human culture.

I never said that God must be correct since the "majority" have agreed upon to be Christian. If you looked at my post to one of Nyerp's posts, I said that it's a healthy and positive choice to believe in, since it contains Philosphical states. Which is why the "majority" have chosen to be Christian. I never said that Christianity and its God should be correct since the "majority" has chosen it. Are you trying to make me look stupid? Seriously, I thought you would be more understanding to what I'm saying. 

The reason Western civilisation is Christian is not because we are wiser and more caring and loving and have chosen to accept Christianity. It is because through the conquest of various Romans and Greeks before them our culture has been shaped. The reason the Edict of Milan was passed and Christianity made legal in the Roman Empire was because there were a growing amount of adherents to the faith, and this was dividing the citizens of the Empire. By legalising Christianity more citizens could be united under the Empire, and so then wars could be waged in the name of Christianity and there would be abundant citizens ready to enlist in military.

Within a few centuries Christianity was the majority religion of the newly formed Holy Roman Empire, and the Pope was as much a political leader as the Emperor. Thus as this culture spread throughout Europe and eventually with the outcasts that formed the New World, Christianity spread as well, and it has always remained a basic part of our cultural identity.

In conclusion I'd say that your assumption that Christianity is the most valuable religion on the basis of all the people who have allegedly become better people is ridiculous.

What? I'm saying that it a healthy choice. That's all I'm trying to say. I don't care if there's only a few who actually believe in God. Please in all respect, reread what I posted to you. Seriously, I don't even think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Moreover, how the hell do you figure Americans and Europeans and whoever else are the most loving and caring people in the world?

Why are you dividing this into "Americans and Europeans and whoever else"? I'm talking about every organism in the world, like I've stated two times. But anyway, everybody in their minds have a caring spot in their heads, is what I'm saying, and we can't explain it.

I don't really care about the facts behind my religion. All I'm saying that it's a healthy choice and a positive one, which is why many choose to be Christian, or to have a religion.

Nyerp

we can have morals without religion, you know

ncba93ivyase

i think the majority choose to be christian because they feel compelled to do it otherwise society will look down upon them

honestly, just try to count how many teenage sluts wear crosses on their necklaces. they claim to be christian in order to condemn others and make themselves in some way superior, or because they simply fear death. but really, how many actually abide by their supposed faith at all aside from saying "i love jesus"

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Nyerp on August 05, 2008, 12:01:56 PM
we can have morals without religion, you know
I know, but still. Religion is still healthy. Who really wants a pointless life, knowing that they're accomplishments and everything they've done was nothing. If I was Athiest, I wouldn't give a fuck about anything anymore.

Even though some Athiest will probably say "Why would you believe in a lie?" Well, if I die and don't see a God, I will die knowing the fact that atleast I tried and helped people in my life. I plan on to being a Guidance Counser if my plans as an Artist have fallen, and I think I'll die in my 70's. Helping people even though there's no God, is pointless and I'd rather go on with my selfishness if I was Athiest, rather than helping people. Anyway, why give a fuck about what people believe in? Sure there are some shitty Christians who force their beliefs on to someone, but ignoring them is the way to go.

Athiests in my experience, have always made fun of religion and act like if the world around them, is nothing. Hence the name, The Flying Spaghetti Monster and its popularity.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. on August 05, 2008, 12:06:05 PM
i think the majority choose to be christian because they feel compelled to do it otherwise society will look down upon them

honestly, just try to count how many teenage sluts wear crosses on there necklaces. they claim to be christian in order to condemn others an make themselves in some way superior, or because they simply fear death. but really, how many actually abide by there supposed faith at all aside from saying "i love jesus"
Those people you've just described, are brainwashed Chistians. They don't know why they really believe.

Go Up