May 13, 2024, 05:03:59 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Houdini

String theory is for bitches. String cheese theory ftw woop;

Gman61

Daddy

Gman61

Oh. i thought i posted here this morning

strakt

I believe there is some kind of higher power, not necessarily anything like the Christian god.  Or any other religious figure that I know about. 

Parts of the Theory of Evolution makes sense to me, but I'm still skeptical about it.
And then Creationism just sounds ridiculous to me.

Also I don't even know if I like the idea of religion, so much of the bad things going on in our world is because of religion.
Some people seem to be hypnotized by religion, it seems to take over their life.
I believe religious Gods were created by mankind, just so they have someone to blame all of their problems on.

But then religions also have their share of good effects.
Religions can teach people a good value of morals.
Religion gives "answers" to questions that mankind cannot answer, such as what happens when we die?
(Although in my opinion we just rot in the ground.)

I grew up going to a Christian church, my family was very church oriented.
Then once I was confirmed into the church, my parents gave me the choice of if I wanted to attend the same church, or any in general. And I've stopped going, and I've become an agnostic/athiest at this point in my life.

Nyerp

all of you badders are going to badplace

people who don't believe in the Great Somaka will spend their afterworld in the badplace

never to see the greenery of zamatoth

rreeppttaarr

Yes.

I'm a Christian, so it's kind of part of the job requirement

Nyerp

all of you sinners are going to hell

people who don't believe in the Christian God and accept Jesus as their savior will spend their afterlife in hell

never to see the pearly gates of heaven

sans culottes

Yeahs I believes in him.

I'm Catholic but I am O.K. with other religions. I'm too lazy to read this whole thread so,

You guys aren't the kinds of internet Atheists who insult the Christians for our beliefs, right?
I support BUSH

Daddy

Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 07:25:53 AM
Yeahs I believes in him.

I'm Catholic but I am O.K. with other religions. I'm too lazy to read this whole thread so,

You guys aren't the kinds of internet Atheists who insult the Christians for our beliefs, right?
Only if the person tries to back up their beliefs with nothing other than the Bible and attempt to use a recursive citation to prove the "Truth of the bible" i.e. claiming the Bible is true because it says it is true.  Or using circular logic to prove the Bible's truth:  "The Bible is the word of God and The Bible says God is real" so both must be true.  I would prefer if the person used actual sources for their arguments.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 07:25:53 AM
Yeahs I believes in him.

As a matter of fact, some of them are.

Daddy

sans culottes

Quote from: JMV290 on December 29, 2007, 03:56:06 PM
Only if the person tries to back up their beliefs with nothing other than the Bible and attempt to use a recursive citation to prove the "Truth of the bible" i.e. claiming the Bible is true because it says it is true.  Or using circular logic to prove the Bible's truth:  "The Bible is the word of God and The Bible says God is real" so both must be true.  I would prefer if the person used actual sources for their arguments.

I hate people with blind faith.

When you think about it, you can't prove that God is or isn't real. There's not proof of God, but there is a possibility that he's there, he just doesn't do jack. If a lot of people understood this there'd be less arguing ;_;
I support BUSH

Himu

I changed my answer to no.  My school has driven it out of me.  I dont believe in him anymore.  He's now just like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny in my eyes. 

don't let's

Quote from: Dahlia on December 30, 2007, 06:38:22 PM
I changed my answer to no.  My school has driven it out of me.  I dont believe in him anymore.  He's now just like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny in my eyes. 
Although Santa Claus was based off of St. Nicholas who was a Christian.

Go Up