May 12, 2024, 10:56:57 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Nyerp

Believing in any higher beings is just a way to justify your morals or deny that you completely disappear when you die.

IMO spam;

Daddy

Nope, still don't believe in God. dawkins;

Houdini

bluaki

No, I don't believe in God, gods, or any other deities. I don't even believe in an afterlife.
My mother has been trying to get me to believe in that stuff as long as I can remember, but I never have. When I was younger, I thought of it similarly to Santa Claus (something that my parent is trying to get me to believe even though it doesn't really make sense to me)

I honestly don't see how people can believe that stuff, but I don't really care since it's their choice and not mine.

Daddy

Quote from: Houdini on November 03, 2007, 08:57:08 PM
How about now?
Well, I did think I saw a light and my world got brighter....but...... I then realized I was only hitting F2 on my MBP.

Houdini

Quote from: JMV290 on November 03, 2007, 10:54:50 PM
Well, I did think I saw a light and my world got brighter....but...... I then realized I was only hitting F2 on my MBP.
Cool. By the way, God is real.

Houdini

PSYCH

I get you guys every time.

LCK

This thread is still going, huh?
Well.

I deny the existence of any supreme being.

Still.

So, yea. Argue over that, or something.

bleedingassassin

God is the one who set up the rule for science. Did you really think it was just there? Who created the world then? Huh?

YPrrrr

Quote from: bleedingassassin on November 08, 2007, 02:42:10 PM
God is the one who set up the rule for science. Did you really think it was just there? Who created the world then? Huh?
... bleedingassassin, I barely knew ye...

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on November 08, 2007, 02:56:09 PM
... bleedingassassin, I barely knew ye...
I SMELL A CHRISTIAN OM NOM NOM NOM

Branes of the multiverse collide and bounce off of eachother, creating "The Big Bang" and a rapid growth of space occurs.    Vibrating "strings" become matter, energy, gravity, time, and all that we know.

ncba93ivyase

What "rule for science"? What's the "it" you're talking about? Isn't it possible the earth just developed, like the trees that produce the syrup you put on your delicious waffles? Or did "god" make the seeds/acorns/etc that develop into trees and the pancakes you eat without giving those poor farmers and factory workers any credit?

I'm too lazy to say anything more than this, because it's all been said before. :|

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

are you saying that god made science huh psyduck;
Quote from: JMV290 on November 08, 2007, 03:08:29 PM
Branes of the multiverse collide and bounce off of eachother...
sometimes i think string theory was originally just a concept for a sci-fi channel original movie
then i remember that most of said concepts only involve mutant reptiles and that the channel hasn't actually been around long enough anyways but whatever

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 08, 2007, 05:03:11 PM
sometimes i think string theory was originally just a concept for a sci-fi channel original movie
then i remember that most of said concepts only involve mutant reptiles and that the channel hasn't actually been around long enough anyways but whatever
You can't be serious.  psyduck;

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on November 08, 2007, 05:12:11 PM
You can't be serious.  psyduck;
uh i'm pretty sure my probability wave says otherwise
however, any observation will skew any results so i guess we'll never know

Go Up