May 12, 2024, 02:41:45 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Himu

Quote from: V on August 24, 2007, 08:45:39 PM
To get back on topic, how can we really decide if there is a god? We can't be 100% sure if he/she/it is real or not until we die.
I guess we just wait.  Who knows what will happen and there is no way to know.  I like the idea of reincarnation better.  Less scary.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: TheExAm on August 24, 2007, 08:29:13 PM
Studies confirm that homosexuality is a result of a sort of birth defect, which causes an imbalance of sorts in the brain, in turn causing the individual to be attracted to the wrong set of pheromones. It's not a choice, and it's proven, yet people like you either refuse this information, or aren't informed. Next they'll be amending the constitution to prevent poeple with aspergers and autism from doing things a normal person would have the right to do, hm? Your ignorance as to this matter is appalling. You're on the internet, for christ's sake. Go look it up.

I do agree that anal sex in itself is wrong, though. SHIT comes out of there, nothing's supposed to go UP it.
cool now how about a source

Others say it mostly has to do with the upbringing. Everyone is born bisexual, but over time, we each tend to develop a preference for one or the other.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on August 24, 2007, 09:13:29 PM

Others say it mostly has to do with the upbringing. Everyone is born bisexual, but over time, we each tend to develop a preference for one or the other.

TheExAm

Quote from: Lawlz on August 24, 2007, 09:13:29 PM

What I've heard about upbringing is that, say someone was born  a boy, was given a sex change soon after birth (lol, Law and Order episode plot), and raised as a girl. Assuming he was born heterosexual, he would, as he entered puberty, begin to notice an attraction to girls. It has to do with the way the brain is wired at birth.

As for the source of my information, I've heard the subject discussed on NPR, with experts in the associated fields. Beyond that, google is your friend.

PLEASE get back on topic now. Make a new thread for this subject if you want, but don't muck up this thread.

V

Quote from: TheExAm on August 24, 2007, 11:04:16 PM
What I've heard about upbringing is that, say someone was born  a boy, was given a sex change soon after birth (lol, Law and Order episode plot), and raised as a girl. Assuming he was born heterosexual, he would, as he entered puberty, begin to notice an attraction to girls. It has to do with the way the brain is wired at birth.

As for the source of my information, I've heard the subject discussed on NPR, with experts in the associated fields. Beyond that, google is your friend.

PLEASE get back on topic now. Make a new thread for this subject if you want, but don't muck up this thread.

The "do you believe in god" subject has been talked about to the fullest it can be. It's at the point where YPR is saying he doesn't care what you guys believe anymore. I don't think it's a problem we wander on this new subject.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: TheExAm on August 24, 2007, 11:04:16 PM

Really, someone can't be born with their sexuality programmed into them. People are often confused as to whether they're gay, bisexual, straight, or whatever. They tend to sway from one to another, experiment, then see what term best applies to their sexual interests. I really think I worded that like shit, but oh well.

It's like saying someone is born with a urine fetish. More than likely, they really won't feel anything until they see a girl wet herself, or something along those lines. Not like the kid, at the instant he starts to develop an interest in whatever gender(s) he prefers, instantly imagines others pissing themselves. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TheExAm

August 24, 2007, 11:58:25 PM #396 Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:07:30 AM by TheExAm
Quote from: V on August 24, 2007, 11:47:49 PM
The "do you believe in god" subject has been talked about to the fullest it can be. It's at the point where YPR is saying he doesn't care what you guys believe anymore. I don't think it's a problem we wander on this new subject.
Point noted, but still it would be better to have a separate topic for it, so anyone randomly browsing through the forum would know that the topic for the thread is on the nature of homosexuality.

Lawlz,we're not talking about fetishes here, which aren't influenced by genes. We're talking specifically about gender attraction. While it's true that people do experiment, but one of the big parts of human attraction is pheromones. Sure, some may experiment, but ultimately their final decision is influenced greatly on which set of pheromones they're wired to be attracted to. That is, unless something really weird is going on with them. In short, experimentation may reveal the true orientation of the person's sexuality. Going back to my earlier point concerning a boy born heterosexual, but raised as a girl, the person's actual orientation is more or less hard-wired during brain development, and thus the boy, who has been raised as a girl, will most likely turn out to like girls.

Houdini

Objection: Who gives a shit? If you don't like homosexuality, just shut up, because it's not hurting you.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: TheExAm on August 24, 2007, 11:58:25 PM
Point noted, but still it would be better to have a separate topic for it, so anyone randomly browsing through the forum would know that the topic for the thread is on the nature of homosexuality.

Lawlz,we're not talking about fetishes here, which aren't influenced by genes. We're talking specifically about gender attraction. While it's true that people do experiment, but one of the big parts of human attraction is pheromones. Sure, some may experiment, but ultimately their final decision is influenced greatly on which set of pheromones they're wired to be attracted to. That is, unless something really weird is going on with them. In short, experimentation may reveal the true orientation of the person's sexuality. Going back to my earlier point concerning a boy born heterosexual, but raised as a girl, the person's actual orientation is more or less hard-wired during brain development, and thus the boy, who has been raised as a girl, will most likely turn out to like girls.
And then we have prisoners that become homosexuals. spam;

TheExAm

Quote from: Lawlz on August 25, 2007, 12:21:37 AM
And then we have prisoners that become homosexuals. spam;
Possibilities include

A. Closet homosexuals (few of these)
B. Sexual deprivation leads to weak minded men taking any hole they can get, regardless of whether there is any attraction.

V

Quote from: Toast on August 25, 2007, 12:20:11 AM
Objection: Who gives a shit? If you don't like homosexuality, just shut up, because it's not hurting you.

Ok, then the same can be said for our debate against if there is a god or not; I can easily say if you don't believe that there is one, then just shut up, it's not hurting you to not agree with me and then dismiss your thoughts on the matter as complete bullshit. With that being said, serious discussion would die. psyduck;

POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE; WE NEED PEOPLE TO OBJECT TO THINGS SO THAT WE CAN HAVE DEBATES TO ARGUE SO THAT SERIOUS DISCUSSION CAN THRIVE.

Houdini

Quote from: V on August 25, 2007, 06:46:09 AM
Ok, then the same can be said for our debate against if there is a god or not; I can easily say if you don't believe that there is one, then just shut up, it's not hurting you to not agree with me and then dismiss your thoughts on the matter as complete bullshit. With that being said, serious discussion would die. psyduck;

POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE; WE NEED PEOPLE TO OBJECT TO THINGS SO THAT WE CAN HAVE DEBATES TO ARGUE SO THAT SERIOUS DISCUSSION CAN THRIVE.

Then why can't I argue with Your Posting Rival?  psyduck;

V

Quote from: Toast on August 25, 2007, 04:51:40 PM
Then why can't I argue with Your Posting Rival?  psyduck;

Never said you couldn't. I just said it's getting kind of pointless because it's to the point where he isn't considering your views on the matter anymore.  psyduck;

Houdini

August 25, 2007, 04:58:14 PM #403 Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 08:01:00 PM by Toast
Quote from: V on August 25, 2007, 04:52:35 PM
Never said you couldn't. I just said it's getting kind of pointless because it's to the point where he isn't considering your views on the matter anymore.  psyduck;
Well, I just kinda wish that someone would give straight answers to my questions, because this board is here for arguing. And while I'm at it I'm going to throw in a bunch of Psyducks.  psyduck; psyduck; psyduck; psyduck; psyduck; psyduck;

superclucky

kewns are smelly

Go Up