May 12, 2024, 01:22:35 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:06:33 PM
Then why do you even bother believing in god?
Because I like the thought of a God who's willing to forgive you when you mess up, and who was willing to die for our sakes.

Houdini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 24, 2007, 06:14:01 PM
Because I like the thought of a God who's willing to forgive you when you mess up, and who was willing to die for our sakes.

I like the thought of a chicken who makes all people with the letter G in their name die. So? That doesn't mean it's real.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 24, 2007, 06:14:01 PM

Your supposed god condemns anyone and everyone to hell for whatever reason he pulls out of a hat.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:14:57 PM
I like the thought of a chicken who makes all people with the letter G in their name die. So? That doesn't mean it's real.
Ok, go for it. I really don't care what you believe.

Himu

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 12:49:00 PM
Please tell me you don't go to a public school.
I dont go to a public school.  I go to a private school.

V

Quote from: Lawlz on August 24, 2007, 06:18:43 PM
Your supposed god condemns anyone and everyone to hell for whatever reason he pulls out of a hat.

No, for the commiting of sins.

Houdini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 24, 2007, 06:18:43 PM
Ok, go for it. I really don't care what you believe.
Could you at least put up some sort of argument?  psyduck;

Quote from: Jean L. Kline on August 24, 2007, 06:20:52 PM
I dont go to a public school.  I go to a private school.
Oh, good. If public schools could get away with hat, I'd be afraid, but private schools can do whatever they want since they have no connection to state..

Himu

Quote from: Commodore Guff on August 24, 2007, 01:48:55 PM
Explain.  :|
I'll take that as a yes.
Well if their isnt my teachers are wrong again.

V

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:23:40 PM

To be honest, there is really nothing left to argue here. People will believe what they believe in. I see no point in trying to sway his thoughts on the matter, and vice versa.  psyduck;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on August 24, 2007, 06:18:43 PM
Really? It's interesting that you know exactly what God has done, yet you don't believe in him.

That's basically a bunch of propaganda bullshit that some ministers make up to try to keep people in the faith. Yes, I admit that there's a lot of fucking assholes in the Church. I think that if he's really all-forgiving as the Bible says, then he wouldn't condemn nearly as many people as you or others may think.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:23:40 PM
No. I'm tired of people (atheist and theist alike) trying to force their beliefs on others. So if you want to believe in a chicken deity, go right ahead.

Houdini

Quote from: V on August 24, 2007, 06:25:05 PM
To be honest, there is really nothing left to argue here. People will believe what they believe in. I see no point in trying to sway his thoughts on the matter, and vice versa.  psyduck;

Then why do we even have the Serious Discussion board?

Daddy

Quote from: V on August 24, 2007, 06:23:20 PM
No, for the commiting of sins.
But what exactly is  a sin?  According to the Bible homosexuality if one.  He condemns people to hell for being born a different way.  How does that work?

YPrrrr

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:42:49 PM
Because other things are more debatable... Also to express your opinion, not just to necessarily argue

V

Quote from: Toast on August 24, 2007, 06:42:49 PM

I said this topic. Not all of them.  psyduck;

Go Up