May 13, 2024, 08:59:19 AM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 21, 2007, 07:55:25 PM
The fact that Jews in general accept his existance doesn't sway you guys huh?
Greeks said the universe came from an egg.

CLEARLY, THIS IS TRUE SINCE THEY ARE VIEWED AS ONE OF THE GREATEST CIVILIZATIONS EVER.

What have Jews ever done?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 21, 2007, 07:55:25 PM
The fact that Jews in general accept his existance doesn't sway you guys huh?
Jews also accept existence of God, that doesn't sway me.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on August 21, 2007, 08:00:15 PM
Jews also accept existence of God, that doesn't sway me.
*sigh* all the people who surrounded him were Jewish (or Roman)

the fact that they're religious automatically discredits their ability to narrate historical facts?

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 21, 2007, 08:01:56 PM
*sigh* all the people who surrounded him were Jewish (or Roman)

the fact that they're religious automatically discredits their ability to narrate historical facts?
When it comes to religious figures, yes.

YPrrrr

Quote from: JMV290 on August 21, 2007, 08:02:46 PM
When it comes to religious figures, yes.
Ugh... I'm trying to prove him historically not spiritually.

Daddy

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 21, 2007, 08:06:38 PM
Ugh... I'm trying to prove him historically not spiritually.
Then use historical sources, not religious ones.

TheExAm

I have to agree with JMV here:

Fast forward through intro, watch it.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Daddy

Quote from: TheExAm on August 21, 2007, 11:48:42 PM
I have to agree with JMV here:

Fast forward through intro, watch it.
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

I embedded zeitgeist into a thread here.

http://valentrinne.com/boyah/index.php?topic=11147.0 ; educate;

It's a 2 hour video, but it's a great video.  He would only have to watch the first half hour though.

TheExAm

Quote from: JMV290 on August 22, 2007, 12:02:27 AM
I embedded zeitgeist into a thread here.

http://valentrinne.com/boyah/index.php?topic=11147.0 ; educate;

It's a 2 hour video, but it's a great video.  He would only have to watch the first half hour though.
Yes, I posted that link while the religious part was still on. It's also a 9/11 conspiracy video. Extremely convincing, though. Shaken my already frail faith in our government.

Himu

Quote from: Lawlz on August 21, 2007, 07:51:56 PM
YOU ALSO BELIEVE ANYONE OF MIDDLE EASTERN DESCENT, SUCH AS ZAYNA, ARE EVIL PEOPLE THAT LIVE JUST TO DESTROY AMERICAN "FREEDOM."cool
No I dont. psyduck;

I'm afraid if there is a hell I dont want to go there.  So it cant hurt to believe.

Zack777

Quote from: Princess on August 22, 2007, 12:41:00 AM
No I dont. psyduck;

I'm afraid if their is a hell I dont want to go there.  So it cant hurt to believe.

Well, maybe hell isn't that bad

Himu

Quote from: Zack777 on August 22, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
Well, maybe hell isn't that bad
Well, heaven sounds better in my opinion.

Daddy

Quote from: TheExAm on August 22, 2007, 12:23:16 AM
Yes, I posted that link while the religious part was still on. It's also a 9/11 conspiracy video. Extremely convincing, though. Shaken my already frail faith in our government.
Well, I doubt Bush or "the government" had anything directly to do with the attacks, but rather certain people within the government and armed services. 

Through indirect actions, yes the US was responsible.  They trained the many people in Al Qaeda, their actions caused Osama Bin Laden to gain influence. The government caused a lot of the issues that lead up to the attacks. 

Bush is an idiot, he isn't capable of planning such an attack.    Certain members of his cabinet and Cheney, yes they are purely capable of it and I wouldn't put it past them.   All it takes is some manipulation and you get whatever you want.  I'm sure that he was convinced that if he went along he would be able to go after Saddam, thus completing his own agenda. He went along with it, he knew what was going on but he wasn't anywhere near the mastermind of it.

Nothing is certain though, that's only what I believe. I'll stop there because that's not really the subject of this thread. 

Zack777

Quote from: Jean L. Kline on August 22, 2007, 12:44:10 AM

But in heaven there are no hookers or beer!

Daddy

Quote from: Princess on August 22, 2007, 12:44:10 AM
Lying to yourself and forcing yourself into a belief that you don't really have full faith in is no way to live.  Your religion doesn't matter.  If I'm wrong about everything and God exists I have nothing to worry about, I did nothing wrong.  I'm not the one who scares people into believing in him with threats of eternal damnation in Hell. 

And even if God does exist, how can you be sure that you're following the right religion?   You could be forcing yourself to believe a lie, just to end up in Hell.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven ; Take a look at that.  Many different  religions have different beliefs on what exactly gets you into heaven.   

I'm going to do what I think is right because I think it's right. Not what some deity who may or may not even exist defines as being right.  I'll be a good person.   Chances are, that places me in a better place than hypocritical Christians who only preach the word of God, but fail to act on it.   

If I go to Hell, oh well.  If I go to Heaven, cool.   If Enlil, Enki, Krishna, Vishnu, Horus, or Osiris are actual Gods, oh well.

Go Up