May 13, 2024, 12:05:59 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Gitominoti on July 15, 2007, 05:05:26 AM
I believe in God. Who do you think made this world? Who made living things? How do you explain Jesus?
Jesus was a normal person?  He preached peace but he was no different from a person like Gandhi.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on July 15, 2007, 11:34:20 AM
Jesus was a normal person?  He preached peace but he was no different from a person like Gandhi.
BUT PPL SEZ HE WALK ON WATIR :|: |: |: |:|:| :|:| :| :| :| :|:|:|: |:| :

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

... We may as well delete these fucking threads as half you assholes aren't mature enough to argue without insulting the other person instead of trying to persuade them.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on July 19, 2007, 06:22:11 PM
... We may as well delete these fucking threads as half you assholes aren't mature enough to argue without insulting the other person instead of trying to persuade them.
Persuading a person with devout "faith" in anything is impossible. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: Lawlz on July 19, 2007, 06:23:40 PM
Persuading a person with devout "faith" in anything is impossible. psyduck;
Yeah, but I've seen athiests swing to religion and vice versa. If their beliefs are strong, no they won't be swayed, but the point is to persuade those who are on the fence.

Houdini

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on July 19, 2007, 06:25:28 PM
Yeah, but I've seen athiests swing to religion and vice versa.
You've seen religion swing to atheists?

Chelzey

Yes, I believe in God, and no, I can't explain any of it. I simply believe in Him because it's the way I was raised. There's no sense in trying to use logic when pronouncing your faith. I believe because I was made to believe, and I doubt that'll change due to the one of the simplest pieces of Psychology: cognitive anchors.
Soap <3

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Chelzey on July 19, 2007, 09:00:57 PM
Yes, I believe in God, and no, I can't explain any of it. I simply believe in Him because it's the way I was raised. There's no sense in trying to use logic when pronouncing your faith. I believe because I was made to believe, and I doubt that'll change due to the one of the simplest pieces of Psychology: cognitive anchors.
So we should all just believe whatever someone tells us as a child just because?

You must still believe in the boogie monster, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and the easter bunny, I presume?

Chelzey

Quote from: Lawlz on July 19, 2007, 11:08:56 PM
So we should all just believe whatever someone tells us as a child just because?

You must still believe in the boogie monster, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, and the easter bunny, I presume?

It's more that I don't particularly care to bother getting rid of my old beliefs, so they're still there. I suppose the way I should phrase this is that I do believe in God, but I don't entirely know why, and I suppose it's just because of an old belief that still exists in my "heart," as some would call it.

It's rather difficult for me to explain. Sorta like hating wild rice even though you haven't tried it since you were 4 and you hated it then? Bad example, probably.
Soap <3

j o e i n c

Houdini

Quote from: Chelzey on July 19, 2007, 11:12:01 PM
It's more that I don't particularly care to bother getting rid of my old beliefs, so they're still there. I suppose the way I should phrase this is that I do believe in God, but I don't entirely know why, and I suppose it's just because of an old belief that still exists in my "heart," as some would call it.

It's rather difficult for me to explain. Sorta like hating wild rice even though you haven't tried it since you were 4 and you hated it then? Bad example, probably.
Is this supposed to justify your beliefs?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Houdini on July 20, 2007, 11:45:53 AM
Is this supposed to justify your beliefs?

I'm pretty sure she's just trying to say in all that rambling that she believes deep down that He exists, but she can't explain why. So she blames cognitive anchors for it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on July 20, 2007, 11:49:48 AM
I'm pretty sure she's just trying to say in all that rambling that she believes deep down that He exists, but she can't explain why. So she blames cognitive anchors for it.
It's like cheese on a vegan burrito with moonlight on Vermont. You know?

Houdini

Quote from: Lawlz on July 20, 2007, 11:51:52 AM
It's like cheese on a vegan burrito with moonlight on Vermont. You know?
Oh yeah, absolutely. Hand me the pipe, man, I need another hit.

MiamiDolphins398

Go Up