October 25, 2024, 03:34:55 AM

1,531,340 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BASSIR'S HEALTH THREAD

Started by Feynman, April 19, 2009, 08:27:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

thezerofire

eat a ton of carbs, exercise constantly. not lifting, but core stuff like pushups, situps, pull-ups, stuff like that.

CutLess

Quote from: thezerofire on April 20, 2009, 09:17:47 AM
eat a ton of carbs, exercise constantly. not lifting, but core stuff like pushups, situps, pull-ups, stuff like that.

Agreed.

I know you're focusing a lot on muscle fitness, but you can't forget to do some cardio.  While some say that cardio can decrease muscle mass (and in your case, your weight), the effects are too small to take notice; likewise, the studies they refer to usually deal with those who only do cardiovascular exercises, which you won't be doing.

So yeah, make sure to get some running or at least some brisk walking into your regimen.

Veal

Why not lifting instead of push-ups or pull-ups? I have a weight set in my house (for benching, curling, and anything involving dumb bells) and would rather do that, especially considering how uncomfortable push-ups are.

Also I've been running or biking for seven to fifteen minutes nearly daily for the past month or so and I'm not losing any fat/weight (not that i'm overweight, i'm 165 and 5'10"), what could I be doing wrong?

Zach

Quote from: Veal on April 20, 2009, 10:28:48 AM
Why not lifting instead of push-ups or pull-ups? I have a weight set in my house (for benching, curling, and anything involving dumb bells) and would rather do that, especially considering how uncomfortable push-ups are.

Also I've been running or biking for seven to fifteen minutes nearly daily for the past month or so and I'm not losing any fat/weight (not that i'm overweight, i'm 165 and 5'10"), what could I be doing wrong?

You're not burning more calories than you're taking in. You're not going to lose weight unless you do that.

And lifting is ideal, but some people don't have access to a weight set. I only have a couple of dumbbells in my house, and since the college I'm going to in the fall has a full gym I'm not going to bother signing up for a membership elsewhere around town.

Sam

1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Veal

Quote from: Zach on April 20, 2009, 11:57:00 AM
You're not burning more calories than you're taking in. You're not going to lose weight unless you do that.

wait so i have to count my calories? what am i a middle-aged woman?

Travis

Veal

Go Up