September 28, 2024, 06:21:13 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

OnLive

Started by Hiro, March 24, 2009, 03:43:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Zach on March 24, 2009, 05:55:45 PM
I wasn't trying to be a jackass, so I apologize if I came across that way.

I just don't like what it means for the industry. I know it is inevitable that one day we'll have a download-only, one-console kind of approach to gaming. Even OnLive isn't trying to replace traditional gaming, it is the next step up the ladder to getting rid of consoles and streaming everything over your PC.
Yeah it's fine, no hard feelings.

I mean I sort of agree with you, I like having physical games too, and the online dependency will be a little odd, and it is inching more towards a monopoly-esque thing, I agree with all of that in a way.
On the other hand, this will be really nifty if it works.
I just tested my internet connection, and it runs about 1.6mbps, so I should be able to run it on Wii quality settings, which I'm okay with.

C.Mongler

Sounds like this will be as fun as the Phantom

Hiro

Quote from: C Mongler on March 24, 2009, 06:05:47 PM
Sounds like this will be as fun as the Phantom
lol
the phantom was strange... it was an okay idea, but they really had nothing behind them to make it worthwhile.
Anyways we have that stuff on PS3 and Xbawks nao. Hell even Wii has it to an extent.
If this type of service could be incorporated into the next generation of gaming consoles, but still having physical copies as well, that would be great.

Hiro

If you're doubting it, why not sign up for the beta?

Classic

Daddy

Good idea but will be hard to execute.

Bandwidth, stability, and such will end up being an issue if it actually takes off.

Go Up